PRO*ACT, a fresh produce supplier to the foodservice industry, has announced the addition of seven new distributors. These companies bring the group’s distributor network total to 49 companies that collectively operate 70 distribution centers nationwide.
“The addition of these seven strong, family-owned businesses will greatly enhance our coverage in the Southeast,” says Max Yeater, PRO*ACT president. “Individually, each company is a well known and respected leader in their local market.
“As a group, they have already proven to be a tremendous asset to our network and have increased our ability to serve our industry supply chain partners. We are especially proud of the capabilities of our new distributors to deliver top-quality products and unparalleled service to our valued customers throughout the Southeast."
The new distributors are:
- Chapman Produce, Tallahassee, Florida: Keith Chapman, owner, and Dan Bruijn, partner
- City Produce, Fort Walton, Florida: Tommy Sundy, owner
- Gulf Coast Produce, Biloxi, Mississippi: Mike and Christi Alise, owners
- Limehouse Produce Company,North Charleston, South Carolina: Jack and Andrea Limehouse, owners
- McCartney Produce, Paris, Tennessee: Raymon Randolph, general manager
- Metropolitan Foods, Little Rock, Arkansas: Kevin and Gina Womack, owners
- Sunrise Fresh Produce, Jacksonville, Florida, and Jackson, Mississippi: Andrew Mercier, president
"We look forward to our partnership with these outstanding companies and to help them thrive with our industry-leading resources–from purchasing and food safety, to sustainability and supply chain management–that are PRO*ACT trademarks," Yeater says.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.