Roka Akor Steak, Seafood & Sushi, voted one of the “Top 10 Sushi Spots in the United States” by Bon Appétit Magazine and Travel & Leisure Magazine recommended and 2013 Michelin Guide Chicago recommended, is proudly opening its second Chicagoland location in the North Shore in Skokie, Illinois on July 1 bringing with it its prized Robata-style "open charcoal" cuisine, posh vibe, and an acclaimed new chef.
Chicagoland (Lake Forest) native and Roka Akor owner Dr. Jon Kapoor, says, “Chicago has been so loyal to Roka Akor Steak, Seafood & Sushi, and we are excited to open our restaurant and offerings to the North Shore of Chicago. Roka Akor Old Orchard is a more intimate setting than any of our other restaurants.”
The centrally located robata grill is the heart of the visual experience at Roka Akor Steak, Seafood & Sushi Old Orchard. Enjoy Roka’s craft cocktails, fine wines, super premium sake, house-infused shochu, and a selection of Japanese beer at the bar’s “live edge” drink counter and wide-screen television, or dine on the luxurious patio flanking the dining room and the bar area.
Roka Akor Steak, Seafood & Sushi Old Orchard welcomes chef Jason Alford, former executive chef for Roka Akor Scottsdale, who has spent over 15 years in the restaurant industry, classically trained, and highly respected. Jason has received countless industry honors, including being selected as one of Best Chefs America’s top culinary talents in the country. Jason has worked extensively with chef Bjoern Weissgerber of Zuma Miami and executive corporate chef Ce Bian of Roka Akor.
Roka Akor Steak, Seafood & Sushi Old Orchard Signature Plates include:
- Tuna Tataki with White Soy, Caramelized Red Onions, and Garlic Chips
- Hamachi Sashimi with Garlic Ponzu, Serrano, and Mizuna
- Omaha Prime Beef and Kimchee Dumplings
- Seaweed and Cucumber Salad
- Baby Green Salad with Tofu, Cucumber, and Wasabi Ginger Dressing
- Butterfish Tataki with Yuzu Shallot Dressing and Shiso
- Tuna and Avocado Tartar with Truffle Ikura and White Ponzu
- Roasted Beet Salad with Jalapeno Miso Dressing and Tamari Almonds
- Rock Shrimp Tempura with Sweet Chili Aioli
- Crispy Fried Baby Squid with Lime and Serrano Chili
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.