LiveDeal Inc., a publicly-traded company, is re-launching livedeal.com, a geo-location based mobile marketing platform that enables restaurants to publish real-time, instant offers to nearby consumers. The re-launch is expected to take place in April.
The recent initial launch of the LiveDeal.com mobile marketing deal engine in four major U.S. cities—San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York City—created a flood of inquiries. The demand prompted LiveDeal management to accelerate development of an updated LiveDeal platform to include a feature set to enable worldwide adoption. An intuitive search feature will be added to let users search for great places to dine both locally and in other cities. Furthermore, the mobile iOS and Android apps, slated for release in the coming weeks, will include global search capability so consumers can view deals in any city on their mobile device.
"We are very pleased at the pace with which nationwide and international demand is accelerating and attribute this to the desire among consumers and restaurants to have an almost effortless process in which to create and redeem deals,” says Jon Issac, president and CEO of LiveDeal. “We believe that the ease of use of our platform is attracting consumers and restaurants that may have found currently available deal platforms to be cumbersome for users and too expensive for restaurants.”
Issac says livedeal.com is a real-time deal engine that connects merchants with consumers. The company says its platform provides restaurants with full control and flexibility to instantly publish customized offers whenever they wish to attract customers. The website includes a number of user- and restaurant-friendly features, including:
- An intuitive interface enabling restaurants to create limited-time offers and publish them immediately or on a preset schedule that is fully customizable;
- Advanced scheduling technology to give restaurants the freedom to choose the days, times, and duration of the offers, allowing them to create offers that entice consumers to visit their establishment during their slower periods;
- Advanced publishing options to allow restaurants to manage traffic by limiting the number of available vouchers to consumers;
- Superior geo-location technology to enable multi-location restaurants to segment offers by location, thereby attracting customers to slower locations while eliminating potential over-crowding at busier sites;
- Innovative proprietary restaurant indexing methodology; and
- A user-friendly mobile and desktop web interface allowing consumers to easily browse, download and instantly redeem "live" offers found on livedeal.com based on their location.