Gulf coast residents and visitors in search of new dining destinations will find some palate-pleasing options in store at The Mall at University Town Center, now under construction in Sarasota, Florida. Taubman Centers, Inc. and Benderson Development Company, LLC revealed five restaurants–all new to the market–opening with the center next year.
The 880,000-square-foot, $315-million Mall at University Town Center opens Octboer 16. With anchors Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's, and Dillard's and more than 100 specialty stores and restaurants, the center will be the region's dominant shopping and dining destination.
Spicing up the local dining scene is the center's premier collection of restaurants, all new to the Sarasota market:
- BRIO Tuscan Grille, serving authentic, northern Italian cuisine made from the finest and freshest ingredients in a Tuscan villa atmosphere
- The Capital Grille, a fine-dining establishment renowned for its dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood, award-winning wine list, and personalized, professional service;
- The Cheesecake Factory, a popular full-service restaurant known for its extensive menu, generous portions, and legendary desserts;
- Kona Grill, offering modern American favorites, award-winning sushi, and seasonally inspired menus in a casually elegant atmosphere
- Seasons 52 fresh grill and wine bar, featuring natural cooking techniques, the freshest ingredients at the peak of ripeness and an award-winning international wine list.