The search is on. The national small business movement Independent We Stand is now accepting nominations of businesses of all stripes, from retail-focused operations to quirky restaurants to automotive shops and dealers, for the 2013 Independent We Stand Small Business of the Year Award – Sponsored by Chrysler Group. Nominating a local business for this year’s “Indie” is as simple as providing a reason that an independent business makes a difference in the local community or why their services deserve recognition. Nominations are accepted at www.IndieBizAward.com now until October 27.
“Chrysler Group and our commercial dealer network, BusinessLink, are focused on providing perks and programs that save small businesses time and money on for-work vehicles,” says Michael Ring, head of Small Business Sales and Operations, Chrysler Group. “Chrysler Group’s support of the “Indie” is just another way we want to help build a bigger voice in the small business community.”
The “Indie” winner will receive prizes with a combined value of more than $15,000, including:
- $5,000 American Express gift card from Chrysler Group
- $1,000 STIHL equipment certificate redeemable at one of more than 8,000 local dealers nationwide
- “Small Business Web Starter Package” from independent web design firm Launch Interactive or ARI Network Services that includes custom website layout design and programming with a location page with Google map integration and web traffic reporting
- Three day/two night stay at an independent beach resort hotel in Virginia Beach Va., that includes a tour of the STIHL Inc. headquarters and dinner with the Independent We Stand team
- Plaque to display at winner’s business
- Five-minute video to be featured on the Independent We Stand YouTube Channel
- Public relations and social media recognition
“Independently owned businesses re-invest in their local economies at a much higher rate than big-box stores,” says Bill Brunelle, executive director of Independent We Stand. “These independent businesses are a big part of the community and with the support of our sponsors, STIHL, Chrysler Group, and Devoe Paint, we are able to showcase the benefits of buying local and recognize businesses for their efforts and services.”
Semifinalists for the prize are selected from all nominations and voting for semi-finalists begins November 4 at www.IndieBizAward.com. The winner of the “Indie” will be announced on December 4.
Past winners include All-Points Personal Transportation of Raleigh, North Carolina, who provides free transportation to individuals in need and Georgia-based Howard Brothers Hardware who received nearly 45,000 votes from dedicated fans.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.