Women Chefs and Restaurateurs, an organization dedicated to educating, supporting, and mentoring female culinary professionals with a focus on supporting young females entering the foodservice industry, announces the 21st Annual Conference, “The Art of Keeping Green,” at the Intercontinental Chicago hotel (505 N. Michigan Ave.) from Sunday, March 9 through Tuesday, March 11.
This year, the conference will explore green topics–both environmental and financial–that are of particular relevance to women in the culinary field. Celebrating and supporting women in food, the program will include:
- Breakout sessions with cooking demos, mixology tastings, and educational seminars
- Restaurant Dine-Arounds at Chicago’s hot spots, such as Boarding House and Girl & the Goat
- Keynote Addresses by top industry leaders including Chicago restaurateur Rohini Dey of Vermillion
- Book Signings with acclaimed female authors participating in the conference, including Ina Pinkney
- Silent Auction showcasing top prizes
- Celebrity Culinary Competitions emceed by acclaimed chef and WCR President Elect, Elizabeth Faulkner and award-winning Chef Gale Gand
- Formal Gala Reception and Awards Dinner at The Art Institute of Chicago helmed by chef Mindy Segal and prepared by a variety of top female chefs, featuring an exclusive Callebaut Chocolate Lounge finale to sweeten up the night
Optional additional experiences (for an added cost) will include:
- Culinary Tours at local culinary establishments like The Plant, Kendall College, and Koval Distillery
- Master Classes with top female chefs including Beverly Kim and Kari Underly
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.