Eleven chefs from across the nation have been selected for ACF Culinary Team USA, the official representative team for the U.S. in international culinary competitions. Twenty-five chefs competed in a two-phase tryout process held in June and August for an opportunity to be on the team.
During the next few months, the selected chefs will work with team coaches to represent the U.S. in its first international competition at the 2014 Villeroy & Boch Culinary World Cup in Luxembourg and the 2016 Internationale Kochkunst Ausstellung, commonly referred to as the “culinary Olympics,” in Erfurt, Germany.
“To be on a team of this caliber, the decision was not just based on how well the chefs can cook,” says Joseph Leonardi, CEC, team manager. “The judges and I selected the chefs who have the personal drive and passion and want to be part of ACF Culinary Team USA for the duration.”
The 11 chefs will start practice in October for the Culinary World Cup held November 22–26, 2014. Unilever Food Solutions and NEWCHEF Fashion Inc. sponsor ACF Culinary Team USA.
The eleven chefs representing ACF Culinary Team USA are:
- Joseph Albertelli, executive chef, Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York; Chefs Association of Westchester and Lower Connecticut
- Brian Campbell, CEC, CCE, senior instructor, Johnson & Wales University, Charlotte, N.C.; ACF North Carolina Chapter
- George Castaneda, executive chef, Sodexo, Franklin, Tennessee; ACF Middle Tennessee Chapter
- Shawn Culp, CEC, culinary arts instructor, The Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Bridgeville, Pa.; ACF Pittsburgh Chapter
- Ben Grupe, sous chef, Old Warson Country Club, St. Louis; Chefs de Cuisine Association of St. Louis Inc.
- Aaron Haga, CEC, chef tournant, The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, Colorado; ACF Pikes Peak Chapter Inc.
- Jason Hall, CMC, executive chef, Hammock Dunes Club, Palm Coast, Florida; ACF St. Augustine Chapter
- Adam Munroe, chef de cuisine, The Country Club, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts; ACF Epicurean Club of Boston
- Alison Murphy, executive pastry chef, The Vintage Club, Indian Wells, California; ACF national member
- Matthew Seasock, CEC, executive sous chef, The Fort Worth Club, Fort Worth, Texas; ACF national member
- Corey Siegel, rounds cook, The Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia; ACF of Greater Buffalo New York
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.