On May 1, Ruth's Chris Steak House, will host a five-course, fixed-price dinner at 106 participating restaurants nationwide. The dinner will feature food-friendly wines from Silver Oak Cellars and Twomey Cellars. Paired with Ruth's signature dishes, featured wines include Twomey Cellars' Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir, as well as current releases of Silver Oak 2009 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and the recently released 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
Now in its 42nd year, Silver Oak remains family-owned and -operated by co-founder Ray Duncan's sons David, who is president and CEO, and Tim, who is vice president of sales and marketing.
In 1999, the Duncan family established Twomey Cellars to pursue Merlot, Pinot Noir, and Sauvignon Blanc varietals. David and Tim, also managing partners of Towmey Cellars, will host dinners on May 1 at the Ruth's Chris Steak House locations in San Francisco and Walnut Creek, California, respectively.
"Our family is excited to partner with Ruth's Chris to create an opportunity to learn more about our wines, as well as the history and culture of Silver Oak and Twomey," David says.
"Ruth's Chris Steak House is delighted to partner with world-class wineries Silver Oak Wine Cellars and sister winery Twomey Cellars," says Helen Mackey, vice president of menu strategy and innovation for Ruth's Chris Steak House. "This dinner will transport our guests in 106 cities across the U.S. to Napa and Alexander Valleys for the evening, through a shared passion for high-quality winemaking paired perfectly with five carefully crafted California-inspired dishes."
The featured menu includes:
- First Course: Red & Golden Beet Frisée Salad with Goat Cheese, Caramelized Pecans, and Aged Sherry Vinaigrette paired with Twomey Sauvignon Blanc.
- Second Course: Seared Atlantic Sea Scallops with Truffled Navy Bean Puree paired with Twomey Pinot Noir.
- Third Course: Osso Buco Ravioli with Wild Mushrooms and Aged Parmesan Cheese paired with Silver Oak Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley.
- Fourth Course: Filet Mignon with Tarragon Herb Butter Served Sizzling paired with Silver Oak Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley. Accompaniments include: Herbed Spaetzle Pasta and Bleu Cheese Crusted Broiled Tomato.
- Fifth Course: Grand Marnier Bread Pudding with Creme Anglaise and Raspberry Drizzle paired with Grand Marnier.
Guests are invited to share their experiences at the nationwide Silver Oak and Twomey pairing dinner with the hashtag #RCSHSilverOak.