CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries received top honors for Rock Bottom Brewery Restaurants and Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurants at the recent Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado. GABF recognized Rock Bottom as “Brewpub Group and Brewpub Group Brewer of the Year” along with four medals for beers brewed at its La Jolla, California, and King of Prussia, Pennsylvania locations. Gordon Biersch brought home the silver for its Czech Pilsner brewed at its Rockville, Maryland location.
“Despite our size, our brewers are constantly pushing the limits on craft beer, brewing interesting, quality beer for our guests to enjoy,” says Tom Dargen, senior director of brewing at CraftWorks. “We’re thrilled to have the entire Rock Bottom team honored for their creativity and hard work.”
CraftWorks’ breweries, which combined have won more than 100 medals at GABF over the years, received the following awards at the 2013 GABF:
- Gold, Robust Porter, brewed at Rock Bottom La Jolla, California
- Silver, Baltic-Style Porter, brewed at Rock Bottom King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- Silver, Czech Pilsner, brewed at Gordon Biersch Rockville, Maryland
- Bronze, English-Style Brown Ale, brewed at Rock Bottom La Jolla, California
- Bronze, Irish-Style Red Ale, brewed at Rock Bottom La Jolla, California