Bacon fat may seem like a strange ingredient in a cocktail, but paired with the apple, this cocktail from the St. Paul Grill makes for a satisfying beverage option.
- 2 oz bacon-fat-infused bourbon (see instructions below)
- 1 oz cinnamon simple syrup (recipe below)
- 3 oz apple cider
- 1 slice fresh sweet-tart apple
- For the simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- For the bacon-infused bourbon:
- 1 cup bacon grease
- 750 ml bourbon
- Mix bourbon, apple cider, and simply syrup together in cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour into cocktail glass and garnish with cinnamon stick and a sweet-tart apple slice.
For the simple syrup:
- Combine one cup of water with one cup of granulated sugar and one stick of cinnamon.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved.
For the bacon-infused bourbon:
- Combine one cup of bacon grease with 750 ml of bourbon in a food-safe container.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for three days.
- After three days, remove lid and scoop the hardened bacon fat off the top of the bourbon and discard.
- Strain bourbon through a coffee filter, cheese cloth, or tea strainer.
Yields 1 serving