Kikkoman Sales USA, Inc. worked with renowned Chef José Mendín of Pubbelly Group on this Grilled Octopus dish.
- Spanish octopus (6-8 size) 4-5 tentacles
- 1 vacuum bag per tentacle
- 1 tablespoon garlic, sliced
- 2 slices shallot
- 1 tablespoon duck fat
- 8 quarts hot water (180°F)
- Chives, sea salt, key lime and garlic chips, garnish as desired
- 900 grams tom yum paste
- 1 liter lemon juice, strained
- 1 liter lime juice, strained
- 100 milliliters Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 15 pieces garlic
- 1 Pieces ginger
Ginger miso butter
- 1 quart miso
- 1 quart clarified butter
- ½ cup yuzu
- 1.5 ounce ginger
- In a large plastic container, set up sous vide runner and add water. Turn it on to 176°F.
- Place octopus inside vacuum bags. Add the shallot, sliced garlic, and duck fat and seal on the vacuum machine until no air is inside the bags.
- Once desired temperature is reached, place octopus bag inside hot water and cook for 7-8 hours or until tender.
- Once finished, place octopus in a prepared ice bath to cool immediately.
- In a Japanese grinder, grind the garlic and the ginger.
- In a blender mix all ingredients except the oil. Add oil slowly to emulsify together.
- Bush Grilled Octopus with ginger yuzu miso butter.
- Slice octopus into bite sized pieces and dress with lemongrass sauce.
- Top with chives, seas salt, key lime and garlic chips.