In honor of National Hamburger Month, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. is seeking the restaurant’s first ever Chief Burger Officer (CBO).
Now through May 15, interested candidates can showcase their burger brilliance and undying love for Red Robin’s gourmet burgers by submitting their credentials for the Chief Burger Officer position at www.chiefburgerofficer.com.
Applicants will be judged on their creativity in answering questions like, “What will be your first recommendation to Red Robin as CBO?” and “Describe your favorite Red Robin burger experience.”
Candidates are encouraged to campaign for themselves as Red Robin’s CBO through their robust social networks and posting fun videos and photos to their application page to encourage votes for the job. More than 400 videos and photos and nearly 14,000 recommendations from friends, family and fans have been posted so far.
“Since May is National Hamburger Month, it’s the perfect time for us to celebrate the YUMMM in gourmet burgers,” says Steve Carley. CEO.
“Red Robin has been the gourmet burger expert for more than 40 years, and we’re now inviting our loyal guests and biggest burger fans to tell us what makes them the top gourmet burger guru. Our hundreds of candidates so far have impressed me with their Red Robin knowledge and passion for burgers. It’s going to be a tough decision selecting just one applicant for the inaugural Red Robin Chief Burger Officer title.”
Ultimately, Carley and Red Robin corporate office team members will select the most deserving CBO applicant as the winner, and will announce him/her on Friday, May 27—the day before National Burger Day and Memorial Day weekend—the official kick off to the burger grilling season.
The appointed CBO will receive:
- A trip for two to Denver, Colorado—Red Robin’s corporate headquarters—complete with executive-style perks
- A business lunch with Carley
- Time in the Red Robin kitchen with Red Robin’s executive chef to learn how Red Robin makes its burgers
- His/her name, photo and new CBO title prominently displayed “in lights” on the NASDAQ stock exchange Marketsite Tower in New York City’s Times Square
- An Apple iPad2
- Twelve $30 Red Robin gift cards
- Red Robin swag, including: a personalized Red Robin chef coat and hat; corporate desk nameplate; Red Robin-branded pad folio and pen; an official Job Offer Letter; and other executive perks