A new final overtime rule will raise certain employee earning levels to account for growth and changing pay practices, the Department of Labor announced September 24, making an estimated 1.3 millio
Bankrupt Kona Grill’s next chapter comes with a new owner. The One Group Hospitality— parent company of STK Steakhouse—agreed to acquire the polished chain on September 3 for $25 million.
The Arbella Insurance Group announced the launch of Arbella Edge for Restaurants, a new, comprehensive coverage endorsement available to owners of individual restaurants and small to mid-size chain
A new bill, which would increase the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $15, passed July 18 in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Activist investor Vintage Capital, which holds 1.5 million shares or about 12 percent of Red Robin's stock, has offered to buy the remaining 88 percent of the struggling burger chain.
“This is Joe over at Big Eats. I can’t find enough applicants to fill the openings I have at my stores.
The National Restaurant Association has appointed Sean Kennedy as Executive Vice President of Public Affairs, the Association’s senior-most executive in the development and execution of its multi-y
In a move likely to be welcomed by many restaurant franchisors, the Labor Department released Monday the details of a proposed rule that could usher in a new era of the so-called “joint-employment”
If there is a food for every feeling and an ideal way for chefs to feed our feelings, where vengeance is cold and love is rich and sensuous, then celebrity is a separate—and more difficult—meal to
The Fair Labor Standards Act places important limits on how restaurant operators set the compensation of their store managers and assistants.