Yard House, the award-winning restaurant known for its creative cuisine and vast selection of draft beer, is also a destination for handcrafted cocktails. On July 13, Yard House will introduce a collection of new adult concoctions using premium spirits and its own house-made citrus agave blend coupled with seasonal fruits and vegetables.
“The art of cocktailing has returned,” says Gregory Howard, manager of beverage for Yard House. “In recent years shows like Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire have given new life to long forgotten drinks. Just like a good meal, creating a great cocktail also requires using premium ingredients as well as a seasoned bartender who knows his or her craft.”
Howard and his team collaborated with executive chef Carlito Jocson in creating the new cocktail collection, which includes:
- Blood & Smoke—a blood orange and ancho chili-spiced margarita made with Del Maguey “Vida” Mezcal, El Jimador Silver Tequila, Ancho Reyes, Monin Blood Orange, house-made citrus agave and aromatic bitters poured into a salt-rimmed glass
- Bourbon Berry Sour—made with Buffalo Trace Bourbon, house-made citrus agave, Dekuyper Razzmatazz, orange bitters with fresh raspberries for added sweetness
- Hibiscus Rose—a refreshing herbal and botanical gin martini featuring Bulldog Gin, St. Germain & Lillet Blanc with orange bitters, and Monin Hibiscus
- Sidecar –this classic cocktail steps into the 21st century with D’Ussé VSOP Cognac, Cointreau, and house-made citrus agave poured into a glass rimmed with sugar
- Cucumber Citrus Tonic—a spa-like drink made with Bulldog Gin, Aperol, house-made citrus agave, tonic, freshly-sliced cucumber, and orange bitters
“Just like food and fashion, cocktails are constantly evolving,” adds Howard. “Pop culture tends to play a role in what is currently trending. Look what Sex and The City did for the Cosmopolitan a decade ago.”
Howard adds that classic cocktails are popular once again, but the demand now is that they’re made with fresh ingredients.
“We make our own citrus agave blend, which helps to enhance the flavor profile rather than overpower it like pre-made syrups tends to do.”
Yard House, which boasts a full bar at all its locations, features a full list of martinis, mules, and cocktails along with an average of 130 taps of the best American craft beers and imports. Yard House, open daily for lunch, dinner and late-night dining, will debut its collection of new handcrafted cocktails nationwide July 13.