The 10th anniversary celebration continues at Ted’s Montana Grill this spring with the second phase of its fundraising efforts for Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry and the introduction of new menu items, including the special anniversary “No. 10 Burger,” and private label wines.
This year, the restaurant company has pledged to raise $150,000 for No Kid Hungry to help end childhood hunger in America. During the May-June fundraiser, May 21-June 17, guests can also take the pledge to help end childhood hunger and donate at a new online giving portal and receive a special $2 bill from Ted’s in return.
They can also round up their checks to benefit No Kid Hungry at any of Ted’s 44 restaurants. Special check presenters about No Kid Hungry are given to guests at the end of each meal.
Ted’s also has added several new items to its menu in honor of the anniversary and to give guests even more dining options during the No Kid Hungry campaign:
- No. 10 Anniversary Burger: A new take on Ted’s classic cheeseburger, served in beef or bison with a choice of Jack, Swiss, Cheddar, American, or Pepper Jack cheese, house-made Sweet & Spicy Pickles, lettuce, tomato, and a zesty special burger sauce, along with a side of fresh-cut french fries and Salt-n’-Pepper Onion Rings. Burger prices: $11-$14 (prices vary by location).
- Ted’s All New House-made Veggie Burger: Grilled in olive oil, this made-from-scratch veggie burger is served on an oatie wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, roasted garlic aioli, and a choice of cheese. Veggie lovers’ taste buds will rejoice when biting into this delicious new vegetarian option. Average price: $12.
- Wildberry Cheesecake: A creamy traditional-style cheesecake in a honey pecan and graham cracker crust, topped with whipped cream, wildberry puree, fresh blackberries, and mint. The perfect end to a meal for around $6.50.
This spring, Ted’s Montana Grill is also introducing a new line of private label wines called Bison Ridge. Blended exclusively for the restaurants, these premium wines are hand-selected and pressed from grapes sourced at some of California’s most prominent vineyards. Prices start at $6.50 for a glass and $26 for a bottle. The Bison Ridge Wines include:
- Bison Ridge Chardonnay 2011: Featuring ripe pineapple, golden apple, and Anjou pear flavors balanced by citrus notes and a smooth, creamy finish, this Chardonnay pairs well with a variety of Ted’s appetizers and entrées.
- Bison Ridge Merlot 2010: The new Merlot has a rich garnet color and flavors of black cherries, plums, and figs with a soft smooth finish. With its crisp acidity and ripe fruit flavors, the wine is soft enough to drink by itself but also pairs nicely with Ted’s cranberry glazed roasted chicken, bison pot roast, roasted turkey, or burgers.
- Bison Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon 2010: More full-bodied and complex, with juicy red berry fruitiness, this wine has a classic Cabernet structure and subtle finesse. It pairs well with steak and burgers.
“Ten years of serving authentic food and giving back to the community is something we’re proud of, and we wanted to continue that tradition in a big way this anniversary year,” says George McKerrow, co-founder and CEO of Ted’s Montana Grill. “We hope our guests and friends will come try some of our new food and wines, and join us in celebrating our 10th anniversary by making a small donation to No Kid Hungry.”