Denver-based breakfast concept Snooze an A.M. Eatery is opening a brand new location in College Station, marking the 18th Snooze in Texas and the first just steps away from Texas A&M’s campus. The rapidly expanding breakfast and brunch restaurant — known for serving “Breakfast but Different” — is bringing its creative takes on classic breakfast items to one of the largest college campuses in the U.S.
“We are thrilled to be opening in College Station and look forward to welcoming the community through our doors,” says General Manager Brian Whitson. “We know the more than 69,000 student Aggies on campus are not only going to love our fresh, bold breakfast flavors and morning breakfast party, but also our support of the College Station community. With each Snooze we open, we always give back to our neighbors and make a direct impact within the community — through our community days, local donations and partnerships.”
Located near the main campus of Texas A&M University with 4,100 sq. ft. indoor and 950 sq.ft. outdoor space, Snooze provides the ideal gathering place for students to meet and dine with friends, family and classmates.
Snooze’s mission extends beyond serving delicious food and drinks with its ongoing support of the local community. Every pre-opening weekend, Snooze hosts “Community Days” and partners with local non-profit organizations to host breakfast benefits for each as a way for Snooze to show their dedication to local causes. Last weekend, guest contributions and proceeds raised over $7,919 which were directly donated to Compass Foundation, TAMU Office of Sustainability and Boys & Girls Clubs of the Brazos Valley.
Here are five things you need to know about Snooze:
1) BREAKFAST BUT DIFFERENT. By doing breakfast differently, Snooze has the power to make a difference. Through its craveable breakfast menu, energetic atmosphere and friendly staff, Snooze is committed to turning breakfast on its head—because why would Snoozers wake up at 6:30 AM to serve the same old bacon and eggs? Whether it’s how Snooze innovates in the kitchen, where Snooze sources its ingredients from, or the unique individuals they employ, Snooze is dedicated to switching up the way you eat breakfast.
2) BOLD BREAKFAST FOOD. For the breakfast-lover with a sweet tooth, try Snooze’s new summer menu item Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes studded with pearl sugar, topped with strawberry coulis, strawberry mascarpone, macerated strawberries and almond streusel, all served with vanilla creme. If savory is more your style, try the L.E.O. Scramble with three cage-free eggs scrambled with lox-style salmon, yellow onions and topped with fresh dill served with toasted rustic bread, a side of green goddess cream cheese and fried capers. Other favorites include the Funky Monkey French Toast with griddled slices of bananas, white chocolate chips, caramel sauce, candied pecans and topped with whipped mascarpone and a bruleed banana and the Breakfast Pot Pie, a riff on a classic chicken pot pie with a breakfast twist, featuring Snooze’s homemade rosemary sausage gravy, topped with a cage-free sunny side up egg and served with hash browns.
3) DAY DRINKING 2.0. Snooze didn’t invent day drinking, but the team enjoys taking it to a whole new level. Snooze offers a creative menu of A.M. cocktails in addition to cold-pressed juices, Guatemalan coffee, cold brews, and other non-alcoholic beverages. Check out the Strawberry Shortkick Margarita with jalapeño infused tequila, house sour and house-made strawberry jalapeño agua fresca; Horse & Sidecar Bloody, with vodka, dill pickle, lemon & olive juices, horseradish and Snooze’s house bloody mix, and the Brew Me Up, Bourbon Cup, made with bourbon, local nitro cold brew coffee, heavy cream and Slopeside maple syrup garnished with a slice of Tender Belly Bacon. Cheers to 8:00 AM being the new 5:00 PM!
4) THE SNOOZE COMMUNITY COMMITMENT. Snooze doesn’t just open in a community—they open WITH the community. In 2021, Snooze pledged to donate 1% of all sales to local organizations and causes which will result in donations of over $1 million dollars to local and national charities. Throughout the difficult time over the past year, Snooze remained committed to their community outreach programs. Coming this September 4, Snooze will celebrate one of their favorite holidays, Bacon Day! They will be giving $25,000 (up to 250,000 meals) to No Kid Hungry to feed kids across the country.
5) SNOOZE & SUSTAINABILITY. On April 20, 2020, Snooze committed to carbon-neutral to-go and delivery and in 2020, Snooze diverted 905 tCO2e, which is equivalent to diverting CO2 emissions from 103,834 gallons of gasoline. The brand is continuing this mission through 2021 for all current and upcoming restaurant locations. Snooze takes pride in leading the industry in championing sustainable environmental practices and responsibly sourced ingredients. Over 95% of sourced ingredients are “Snooze Approved,” having passed a rigorous set of standards which include: ethical farming practices, as well as vetting the sustainable standards of the partner companies. Snooze also diverts 90% of waste from landfills through composting and recycling, where facilities exist. By having each Snoozer attend a Sustainability 101 class and implementing a ‘Change Maker’ in every Snooze, the company is dedicated to leaving a small footprint but a big impact on the planet.