Saffron, The Vegetarian Eatery, Vegas’ newest vegetarian and vegan restaurant located in Chinatown is open and ready to serve locals with delicious high-end Southeast-Asian cuisine. Inspired by a life-changing experience in Vietnam, the colorful menu offerings are anything but ordinary. The delectable dishes and handcrafted cocktails are composed with fresh, organic, and primarily locally sourced ingredients.
“We wanted to create an accessible, high-end vegetarian experience where the food is not only creative fresh, but approachable for the vegetarian skeptic,” says Arianna Pittard, CEO, Saffron, The Vegetarian Eatery. “We want to deliver an immersive experience and atmosphere that is tranquil and intimate. From the moment guests walk in the door, they are treated to a multi-sensory experience infused with flavor from the Far East.”
In addition to the alluring ambiance, guests will experience top-notch service from the all-star team at Saffron Spearheaded by Chef Louross Edralin, an esteemed chef of more than 20-years who was also a contestant on Hell’s Kitchen’s fourth season, guests can expect to taste the care in each carefully curated dish. Chef Edralin uses fresh and organic produce from Vegas local farm Sundown Mushrooms, including gourmet mushrooms known for health and medical benefits. Featured on the HBO Max hit-show Legends Donnell Ingram, the lead Mixologist at Saffron, provides guests with one-of-a-kind cocktails made with fresh and organic produce.
Guests are welcomed into Saffron by a hand-carved sandstone statue in the free-flowing pond in the room’s center—directly below the custom handcrafted flower sculpture. The walls feature hand-carved wooden tiles with intricate designs sourced from a skilled merchant in Vietnam.
Comfortable booths upholstered with deep velvet red tones are lined against the walls, providing an intimate seating experience for guests. Custom chairs imported from Vietnam are placed throughout the restaurant’s center, providing a modern dining setting perfect for a night out on the town. In addition, private dining is available on the property’s second floor for guests who want an exclusive experience.
A Glimpse into Saffron, The Vegetarian Eatery’s Menu:
- Starters—Try the Pumpkin Coconut Soup filled with flavorful fall dish features roasted Japanese pumpkin infused with coconuts and leeks, topped with fried tri-root shrub, lotus chips, fried basil leaf, and chive oil, or the Grilled Watermelon Salad featuring watermelon, pickled lotus root, heirloom tomato, spring mix, julienned carrots, champagne vinegar, cracked black pepper, and topped with a spicy mayo dressing.
- Shared Bites—If you enjoy savory bites, the Salt and Pepper “chicken” is for you. This spin on classic fried chicken features black pearl mushrooms seasoned to perfection to mimic the fan-favorite dish. The flavor-filled Mushroom Dumplings come with deep-fried oyster mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, button mushrooms, carrots, lentils, grated tofu and is served with a ginger soy sauce and vegetarian dashi sauce. The Beet Carpaccio is the perfect shared dish, featuring thinly shaved roasted beets layered with cherry tomato confit, pickled Yali pears and mango slaw, topped with a micro-Thai basil and cilantro finished in a ginger soy sauce.
- Main Course— The Saffron Red Curry mouthwatering dish comes with homemade curry, eggplant, sweet potatoes, green bell peppers, and zucchini, topped with chickpeas tempura squash blossom, and served with jasmine rice. If spicey dishes are your favorite, get the Boy Chay Cay Noodles—this dish features simply tofu “beef” sauteed in star anise and cinnamon infused chili oil, tossed in hand-cut rice noodles, topped with pickled napa cabbage and micro-Thai basil and lime.
- Desert— Enjoy the mouthwatering Vegan Cheesecake after your meal for the ultimate sweet treat. The cheesecake comes in chocolate or New York cheesecake, topped with mint-infused whipped cream, strawberry reduction, topped with a cinnamon sugar dusting. The Mango Sticky Rice is fan-favorite for all fruit-lovers alike, featuring ube and coconut syrup, topped in brunoise mango, coconut brown sugar, and toasted coconut.
- Cocktails-The Asian Pear Mule comes with pear vodka, fresh lime juice, muddled Asian pears, ginger beer, and a splash of ginger syrup providing fruitful notes in each sip. The Empress Gin Sidecar is vibrant cocktail featuring empress gin, Cointreau, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup shook to perfection. If you are a Sake lover, try Yoigokochi Yuzi—Miyakobijin, the intensely vivacious and refreshing yzu sake by the bottle referred to as “Sunshine in a Bottle.”
Saffron, The Vegetarian Eatery is located on 3545 S Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV, 89103 in the famous Chinatown. The hours of operation are Tuesday-Saturday, from 5 to 10 p.m.