Dinova LLC unveiled an enhanced mobile application for Android smartphones and iPhones, making it easier for the business travelers it serves to locate Dinova network restaurants and facilitating patronage of the more than 10,000 dining establishments in the Dinova network.
Following national trends, employees of Dinova's corporate clients are downloading the enhanced app with increasing frequency, raising awareness of preferred restaurants among both event planners and road warriors as they consider dining options.
According to a late 2013 survey by SITA, 84 percent of business travelers carry a smartphone. Market research firm Chadwick Martin Bailey found that 81 percent of smartphone owners search for restaurants via a mobile app, making it the most researched industry by consumers. In light of these dynamics, the enhanced app gives Dinova network restaurants a distinct advantage over other dining establishments in the ongoing quest to attract more corporate guests to their tables.
Dinova's corporate clients, which include one-quarter of the country's highest-travel-spending firms, spend more than $1.5 billion on dining and/or catering annually. Dinova's nationwide network includes more than 10,000 independent and chain restaurants, encompassing all price levels and cuisines.
The enhanced app also benefits the corporate travel programs that work with Dinova to secure monthly rebates on their dining expenses. With the goal of steering more employees to Dinova network restaurants, the app's features put vital information at the fingertips of business travelers. Dinova clients can now:
- Utilize "Nearby" Search Feature: Using GPS technology, users can quickly find Dinova network restaurants within close proximity to their current location.
- Search by Address: Business travelers typically seek out dining options near a corporate office or a client location. The enhanced app allows the user to plug in an address and locate preferred restaurants around the specified location.
- Obtain Driving Directions: When time is of the essence for business travelers, Dinova customers can plan the quickest route via the built-in mapping feature of the Dinova app.
- Access Restaurants' Websites: Interested in Italian versus a seafood menu? Dinova travelers can now quickly access restaurants' websites to compare menus and specials.
- Make a Reservation: Users can make reservations for most restaurants via the Dinova app.