July 29 is National Chicken Wing Day and once again, P.J. Whelihan’s is meeting the demand.
The Pennsylvania and New Jersey pub and restaurant is famous for their chicken wings and even owns the bragging rights to being the official supplier of the 10,000 wings devoured at Philadelphia’s annual Wing Bowl.
For yet another year in a row, the 17 locations will offer guests endless wings for $15.99 on this most hallowed of holidays. Available naked or classic, slightly sweet to super spicy, there’s a wing for everyone. (This all you can eat offer is valid in store only and excludes takeout).
Here are some wings statistics:
- 95 billion: Number of chicken wings devoured by Americans each year.
- 10.5 million: Number of wings PJ Whelihan’s sold in 2017.
- 72,000: Number of wings sold weekly on Tuesday during ½ price wing night at P.J. Whelihan’s
- 12: Number of signature sauces P.J. Whelihan’s offers to dress their wings (Wing of the Month: Ragin’ Cajun, Hot N’ Honey, Mild, Hot, Honey BBQ, Sweet Chili, Garlic Parm, Chipotle BBQ, Kickin’ Korean, Inferno, Mexican Garlic, and Old Bay)
- 1993: The year the first P.J. Whelihan’s opened in Allentown, PA, kicking off two-plus decades of wing mastery.
- 168,385: The number of wings served by P.J. Whelihan’s during Super Bowl Sunday.