ParTech, Inc., a subsidiary of PAR Technology Corporation, announced today the new PAR Tablet 10 to the PAR mobile product family at FSTEC Booth 501.
The new PAR Tablet 10 gives customers the opportunity to fully utilize the power of mobility in a variety of hospitality and retail environments. The PAR Tablet 10 enables hospitality and retail customers to create new and innovative ways to engage with customers including:
- Mobile POS Stations – When used with a stand, the PAR Tablet 10 can be utilized as a self-service station for personalized and faster ordering, or to replace a traditional POS terminal when space is limited. The tablet can also be used as a tabletop application for upselling and gaming (trivia, etc.).
- Customer Engagement Tools – Optional wall mount for consumer access to loyalty programs participation and surveys. The larger size makes the PAR Tablet 10 ideal for customer engagement through interactive marketing programs and visual aids.
- Manager/Store Associate Tablets – Enables manager access to information anywhere on the store floor or utilize as a portable training tool for associates.
“We are pleased to offer an extended family of products to meet any mobile customer needs in hospitality and retail,” says Karen E. Sammon, president of ParTech, Inc. “With the addition of the PAR Tablet 10, customers now have the flexibility to customize tablet use to every specific need and application.”
PAR Tablet 10
The PAR Tablet 10 offers the same mobility and functionality as the PAR Tablet 8, with a new 10 inch display screen. Key features include:
- Larger Screen, Still Lightweight, and Reliable – The PAR Tablet 10 is the perfect balance of size and reliability with the ability to withstand the demanding hospitality or retail environment.
- Long battery life – With up to 10 hours of real world use, the tablet can be used throughout the entire shift by associates and customers in any environment.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership – Like the PAR Tablet 8, the PAR Tablet 10 enables less downtime for users to reliably run their businesses and to interface with customers versus consumer products. Based on Microsoft’s Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry operating system and Intel Architecture and with a lifecycle model of up to four years, the same model can be utilized for an entire technology implementation cycle with customers.
The PAR Tablet 10 will be globally available late October 2014 in an initial 48 countries to PAR customers and partners.
PAR Tablet 8 Update & Additions to Accessory Line
“The PAR Tablet 8 has increased customer satisfaction and service by creating an efficient system for table turn over," says Joe McCall, owner of Joey’s Pasta and Party House. "In addition to quicker seating, the tablet also gives us the flexibility to service our guests in non-traditional environments including banquets, outdoor events, and patio service with its mobility and durability."
PAR offers the accessories that configure the PAR Tablet 8 to meet the mobile needs of a hospitality or retail operation. Accessories include:
- Magnetic Stripe Reader Smart Back Cover (MSR) – The MSR supports encrypted transactions for secure payments as well as support for loyalty cards. The integrated nature offers increased reliability and durability compared to non-integrated options.
- Tablet Shield – Rubberized framing option available which increases durability and adds protection from drops of up to six feet, making the PAR Tablet 8 durable in even the harshest environments.
- 2 Cradle Options – Available in charging only or charging with interfaces option. The additional interfaces provide the tablet with connection to wired Ethernet, three USB ports, and an HDMI port which permits the operator to connect a variety of USB peripheral devices that the industry has come to rely on, such as printer, cash drawers, bar code scanners, and customer facing displays. (Also available for the PAR Tablet 10.)
- Straps – Neck or wrist strap available for true product mobility and added security. (Also available for the PAR Tablet 10.)
The new accessories are immediately available for purchase globally.