In celebration of two significant milestones, Morton’s The Steakhouse and The Mondavi Family have joined forces for A Taste of Two Legends, a once-in-a-lifetime event commemorating the legendary steakhouse’s 40th anniversary and the 75th anniversary of the renowned wine-making family’s legacy in Napa Valley.
On October 27, discerning diners and wine aficionados are invited to the historic Carriage House at the Charles Krug Winery in Napa Valley for an unparalleled dining experience. The event will feature six-courses of chef-curated cuisine perfectly paired with world-class wines from four Mondavi generations, including Charles Krug’s exclusive library wines and new projects not available to the public anywhere else.
“Morton’s is one of the most distinguished steakhouses in the country,” says Tim Whitlock, COO Morton’s The Steakhouse. “We are thrilled to partner with a powerhouse, the Mondavi family, to celebrate 40 fantastic years.”
A Taste of Two Legends will feature pours of:
- Charles Krug by Marc and Peter Mondavi, Sauvignon Blanc, Napa, 2017
- Emblem, by Michael Mondavi, Chardonnay, Napa, 2017
- Charles Krug, V.S. by Peter Mondavi Sr. (In Memoriam) Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa “Surprise Vintage”
- “M”, by Michael Mondavi, Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak, Napa, 2015
- Continuum, by Tim Mondavi, Red Blend, Pritchard Hill, Napa, 2015
- Charles Krug, V.S., by Marc and Peter Mondavi, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa, 2015
- RAEN, by Dante and Carlo Mondavi, Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast, 2015
- Aloft by Angelina, Alycia, Riana and Giovanna Mondavi, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa, 2015
- Fourth Leaf by Angelina and Rob Mondavi, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa 2015
In addition to the exceptional wines, guests will enjoy a decadent meal including a reception of hors d’oeuvres, seafood course, amuse bouche, beef course, cheese course, and dessert. The grandiose event will be held at the Charles Krug Winery, Napa Valley’s oldest winery and home to California’s first tasting room. Cesare Mondavi purchased the winery in 1943, paving the way for the Mondavi family’s legendary presence in Napa Valley.
Tylor Field, III, Divisional VP of Wine and Spirits for Morton’s The Steakhouse, along with Charles Krug co-proprietors Peter Mondavi Jr. and Marc Mondavi, will lead a discussion about the rare wines. In conjunction with the Napa Valley event, A Taste of Two Legends will be offered at 48 Morton’s locations nationwide. For tickets and information, please visit mortons.com.
Morton’s The Steakhouse opened its first location in Chicago in 1978 and now boasts 80 locations worldwide. Morton’s strives to exceed guests’ expectations through its food, award-winning wine list, atmosphere, genuine hospitality and unparalleled service.
Morton’s offers diners “The Best Steak… Anywhere,” serving only USDA prime-aged beef. Besides its exceptional steaks, Morton’s offers diners fresh fish and seafood, and hand-picked produce. Morton’s commitment to excellence is unwavering and is showcased in each menu item through the careful preparation and quality ingredients. Whether gathering with friends or enjoying a business dinner, Morton’s guests have come to expect remarkable service and reliable experiences that keep them coming back from more.