James Beard Award-winning pastry chef Dominique Ansel will debut Dominique Ansel Las Vegas inside Caesars Palace on Friday, Oct. 21. Chef Dominique will bring his signature creations to The Strip, including his iconic Cronut pastry, the best-selling DKA (Dominique’s Kouign Amann), freshly baked French viennoiserie and the new “Lucky 7” collection – a set of pastries as unique as Las Vegas. As a “thank you” to those looking to take the first bites of Chef Dominique’s masterpieces, the first 100 guests will receive a commemorative gift in celebration of the opening.
“We are honored to have Chef Dominique join our culinary empire with the upcoming opening of Dominique Ansel Las Vegas,” said Caesars Entertainment Regional President Sean McBurney. “In the same way Caesars Palace continues to set the standard on The Strip, Chef Dominique Ansel delivers innovative creations with his unparalleled talents. We are excited to offer the opportunity for guests to enjoy his signature pastries here in Las Vegas.”
Symbolizing good fortune and created exclusively for Caesars Palace, the new “Lucky 7” collection includes:
- Lucky Penny Pig – Milk chocolate crémeux, homemade raspberry jam and salted peanut feuilletine are sandwiched between vanilla sablé cookies to create a pig, which is topped with a lucky gilded chocolate penny.
- Ladybug – Elderflower mascarpone mousse, fresh strawberry compote, strawberry gelée, fluffy chiffon cake and a lychee meringue make up a mini garden watering can, which is finished with a tiny chocolate ladybug.
- Goldfish – Tropical flavors of calamansi coconut mousse, fresh diced mango, mango passionfruit gelée and coconut dacquoise make up a goldfish, complete with hand-painted white chocolate fins.
- Four-Leaf Clover – Coffee mousse topped with hazelnut dacquoise, dark chocolate crémeux and crispy feuilletine create a four-leaf clover.
- Fortune Cookie – A sablé Breton base is topped with jasmine tea crémeux and lemon curd. A white chocolate “fortune” sticks out of the cookie, wishing luck in Las Vegas.
- Feather – A vanilla sablé cookie is topped with chestnut mousse, banana jam, orange marmalade and banana cake and is garnished with a white chocolate feather.
- Evil Eye Éclair – A classic French éclair is filled with cassis jam and Valrhona Caramelia whipped ganache.
“We’re thrilled to open our newest shop at Caesars Palace and be back out West,” says Chef Dominique Ansel. “In addition to bringing some of our signatures from New York, I’m most excited to launch our newest creations for everyone. Like each of our shops around the world, we’ve developed a collection of pastries that will be exclusive to Las Vegas, and I can’t wait to meet everyone and share what we’ve created with you all.”
Known as an innovator in the pastry industry, Chef Dominique has created some of the most famous pastries in the world, including the Cronut, which was named one of TIME magazine’s “25 Best inventions of 2013.” The Cronut will make its debut on The Strip at Dominique Ansel Las Vegas, and each month, the shop will offer a new Cronut flavor available only at Caesars Palace.
The Las Vegas location will also offer several of Chef Dominique’s signature creations, including:
- Cronut – The Cronut is the unique creation by Chef Dominique that many have described as a croissant-doughnut hybrid. Following its launch on May 10, 2013, Cronut fandom ignited the world from Berlin to Singapore, making it the most virally talked about dessert item in history. Its creation took two months and more than 10 different recipes to develop. Not to be mistaken as simply a croissant that has been fried, it is made with a laminated dough, which has been likened to a croissant (but uses a proprietary recipe) and is first proofed, then fried in grape seed oil at a specific temperature. Once cooked, each Cronut pastry is flavored in three ways: 1) rolled in sugar, 2) filled with cream, and 3) topped with glaze. Cronut pastries are made fresh daily and completely done in-house. The entire process takes up to three days, with one flavor each month, in each location, never repeating. The Cronut is only available at the flagship Dominique Ansel Bakery in NYC and Dominique Ansel Las Vegas.
- DKA (Dominique’s Kouign Amann) – Similar to a caramelized croissant, the DKA features tender, flaky layers on the inside and a caramelized crunchy crust outside. This is the best-selling item in all of Chef Dominique’s shops worldwide.
- Cookie Shot – The Cookie Shot features a warm chocolate chip cookie shaped like a shot glass, filled to order with homemade cold-infused Madagascan vanilla milk. Guests are encouraged to sip the milk, then enjoy the cookie. Cheers!
- Frozen S’mores – With a center of homemade Madagascan vanilla bean ice cream covered in crispy chocolate feuilletine, the Frozen S’mores are wrapped in honey marshmallow and torched to order, served on a smoked willow wood branch for that authentic campfire flavor.
- Mini Madeleines – These classic French bite-sized cakes are piped and baked to order, taking just four to five minutes to bake fresh, and served warm from the oven with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar to finish.
- Perfect Little Egg Sandwich – Featuring fluffy farm-fresh steamed eggs with shallots and chives, this sandwich is topped with melted Gruyère and served on a fresh-baked mini brioche bun.
In addition, classic French viennoiserie – a staple of Chef Dominique’s shops worldwide – will be baked fresh on-site every morning. Showcasing the artisanal craftsmanship of traditional viennoiserie, from flaky croissants to pain au chocolat, almond croissants, and more, they are expertly made with Isigny St. Mère butter and Les Grands Moulins de Paris flour from France, and a levain (the dough starter) that was first started by Chef Dominique himself at his New York bakery nearly 11 years ago.
Spanning more than 1,100 square feet, Dominique Ansel Las Vegas will offer a retail area and café-style seating for 20. The warm, inviting space will feature whimsical globe light fixtures hanging from the ceiling and décor elements in the brand’s signature orange color. Guests will smell the intoxicating aroma of Dominique Ansel Las Vegas throughout Caesars Palace, with items baked fresh daily in the new state-of-the-art kitchen.
Adjacent to Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill at Caesars Palace, Dominique Ansel Las Vegas will be open 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday.