IHOP announced the launch of the mayhem-loving, mischievous Minions to its menu. From now through August 21, guests are invited to enjoy IHOP’s limited-time summer items inspired by Illumination’s new film, Minions: The Rise of Gru (in theaters July 1). The crave-able menu features eight new food and beverage options and is available at participating IHOP locations nationwide.
“Illumination’s Minions have inspired our new menu this summer and have taken over IHOP, reimagining its menu with bananas, cinnamon donut holes, and more bananas,” says Kieran Donahue, Chief Marketing Officer, IHOP. “IHOP is excited to spark joy and bring guests together this summer through a mutual love of film… and a little Minions magic.”
Hitting theaters July 1, the second movie in the Minions franchise features Gru’s journey to become a supervillain, and alongside his Minion companions, he discovers that even bad guys need a little help from their friends.
IHOP’s new menu features delicious items including:
- Ba-Ba-Banana Pudding Pancakes: Go bananas! Buttermilk Pancakes filled with fresh banana slices and topped with creamy banana pudding, more banana slices, Nilla wafer cookie pieces, whipped topping and Minion sprinkles. Available with a choice of egg combo.
- Cinna-Minions: Despicably delicious donut holes tossed with cinnamon sugar and drizzled with cream cheese icing. Available with a choice of egg combo.
- Gru’s Evil Steakburger: All-Natural Black Angus Steakburger piled high with a spicy blend of sauteed jalapenos, Serrano peppers and onion, hickory-smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese, our Sharp Cheddar Mac & Cheese, and mayo. Served on a brioche bun with a choice of side.
- Ba-Ba-Banana Milkshake: Vanilla milkshake blended with fresh banana and Nilla wafer cookie pieces, and crowned with whipped topping, more cookie pieces, and Minion sprinkles.
- Minion Mango OJ Splasher: Mischievous blend of 100% premium orange juice, mango syrup and Lemon Lime Soda, and garnished with fresh blueberries.
- Cold Gru Iced Coffee: Viciously delicious, 100% Arabica cold brew iced coffee.
- Mischievous Minion Kids Combo: One Ba-Ba-Ba-Banana Pudding Pancake served with one strip bacon, one sausage link and scrambled eggs.
- Cinna-Minions Family Feast: An evilly delicious meal for all your own minions! Basket of new Cinna-Minions (20 pcs) with a side of cream cheese icing for dipping, accompanied by four servings each of scrambled eggs and golden hash browns, eight hickory-smoked bacon strips, and eight pork sausage links.
Beginning today, from 4PM to 10PM, kids 12 and under receive a free entrée from the kid’s menu with the purchase of an adult entrée. Plus, The International Bank of Pancakes is offering guests the opportunity to earn twice the PanCoins on every item purchased from the Minions menu.
The limited-time only, Minions-inspired menu is available at participating IHOP restaurants nationwide from June 21 – August 21.
To celebrate the films’ partnership with IHOP, the creative campaign features a custom animated spot created by Illumination, that stars the Minions and their mischievous antics at IHOP. The TV spot opens with a crew of Minions descending upon an IHOP. One of the Minions, Otto falls madly in love with the Ba-Ba-Banana Pudding Pancake leading into a whimsical dream sequence of their romance. The campaign then invites all guests to also fall in love with the new Minions Menu at IHOP. The spot will air nationally on TV, online and on social media beginning today.