Celebrated multi-Michelin starred chef and television personality, Gordon Ramsay, and Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort will team up to bring the first Gordon Ramsay Food Market to the United States in early 2022, extending Ramsay’s partnership with Caesars Entertainment resorts across the globe. The newest addition to the Harrah’s food and beverage roster will create multiple job opportunities at the resort.
“I’m in love with the Cherokee/Asheville area, and I couldn’t be more excited to open my very first Gordon Ramsay Food Market in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains. From Street Burger and Street Pizza to Fish & Chips, GR Sushi and more, we’ll highlight the very best local ingredients sourced from the region’s incredible farmers and artisans,” says Ramsay.
Debuting in tandem with the expected completion of an extensive expansion project at Harrah’s Cherokee, the Gordon Ramsay Food Market will feature both full-service dining and market-style elements from iterations of beloved Ramsay restaurants as well as brand-new concepts unique to the Food Market. Offering breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night options daily, the space will include:
- Truffles Pub: Full-service dining experience with crafted cocktails, Gordon Ramsay classics like Beef Wellington and fish & chips.
- Street Burger: Elevated burgers and fries with a twist, also featuring “scrambled” breakfast items in the morning hours.
- Street Pizza: Neapolitan style pizza combining the freshest local ingredients and seasonal toppings. As Gordon says, “pizza doesn’t need to be complicated,” and these pies will be just right.
- GR Sushi: Exquisitely crafted sushi and Far East inspired dishes.
- Fish & Chips: Gordon’s British-style fish & chips, shrimp and lobster. Extending beyond Gordon’s impeccable take on the British classic, you’ll find chicken wings, chicken tenders, and an absolutely next level milkshake.
- Catch Café & Raw Bar: NY deli style sandwiches, salads using locally sourced produce, and an incredible raw bar featuring oysters, shrimp, crab, lobster and other seasonal seafood.
- GR Bake & Brew: Full coffee bar, smoothies, bagels, muffins and a variety of grab-and-go pastries to get your morning started right.
“Chef Gordon Ramsay brings with him an internationally renowned reputation, world-class talent and unparalleled energy,” adds Brooks Robinson, Regional Senior Vice President & General Manger of Harrah’s Cherokee Casinos. “We’re incredibly excited to partner with the Ramsay team to bring this concept to life and continue to provide inspired food and beverage offerings to our guests.”
Menus will feature hyperlocal and regional ingredients sourced from local farmers and artisans in North Carolina and surrounding areas, including Hickory Nut Gap Farm, Spicewalla, Joyce Farms and many other local and regional sources.
A vibrant mix of artwork and textiles throughout the Food Market will incorporate colorful pop-art style prints and graffiti-inspired walls along with refined tones in the dining room, and an array of English flags and motifs throughout as homage to Ramsay’s UK roots.
The relationship between Caesars Entertainment and Ramsay began in 2012 with the opening of Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris Las Vegas and has continued to flourish over the years. After more than eight years of collaboration, the partnership has currently yielded five restaurants on the Las Vegas Strip, as well as Baltimore, Lake Tahoe, North Kansas City, two in Atlantic City, and one at Caesars Palace Bluewaters Dubai.