This week Denny’s kicked off its second annual “Heroes Tour” to serve free, hot meals to veterans and active military on its Mobile Relief Diner. The Heroes Tour builds upon Denny’s longstanding tradition of offering a complimentary Build Your Own Grand Slam breakfast to all active, inactive, and military personnel on Veteran’s Day from 5a.m. to noon.
Built from the ground up and created from the brand’s purpose of loving to feed people, the Mobile Relief Diner is a fully-functional diner on wheels that was specifically designed by Denny’s to travel virtually anywhere in the U.S. to serve free, hot Denny’s meals. With each deployment, the Mobile Relief Diner works closely with local officials, and local franchisees and store operators to identify the areas and communities most in need.
Here are the stops planned for the Heroes Tour:
- November 8: US Vets and Homeless Vets Housing (152 Wayne Place SE, Washington DC 20032)
- November 9: Joint Base Myer–Henderson Hall (204 Lee Ave, Fort Myer, VA 22211)
- November 10: Washington DC VA Medical Center (50 Irving St. NW, Washington, DC 20422)
- November 15: Lake City VA Medical Center from 8am to noon (619 S Marion Ave, Lake City, Florida 32025)
- November 16: Malcom Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center from 8am to noon (1601 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL 32608)
- November 17: Naval Air Station Jacksonville from 11am to 2pm (6801 Roosevelt Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32212)