Breadcrumb has released Breadcrumb 1.4, an update to its iPad point-of-sale (POS) app for restaurants and bars. Breadcrumb 1.4 makes it easier for businesses to keep track of inventory counts, take delivery orders, and apply and monitor tips.
Update 1.4 simplifies daily operations with improvements shaped by conversations with hundreds of merchants and insights gained from more than 10 million menu items sold via Breadcrumb. Unlike users of outdated POS systems, saddled with infrequent, costly and complex updates, Breadcrumb clientele benefit from free, frequent, and seamless upgrades.
Highlights of Breadcrumb 1.4 include
- Added Inventory Management:
- Enables seamless uploading of new and existing menu items and inventory counts to all Breadcrumb terminals
- Displays how much is left of a specific menu item – ideal for venues with large but limited wine lists or daily fish specials
- Facilitates easier tracking of food costs
- Expanded Features for Delivery Businesses:
- Integrates Caller ID functionality without any additional hardware (Aloha and MICROS require extra $100 – $1000 device)
- Faster phone order entry: automatically pulls up a customer’s address and saves in the system for future use
- Empowers users to import/export customer data
- Improved Tip Application and Monitoring:
- Prints recommended tip amounts on receipts
- Permits venues to track declared server tips to aid with compliance
- Adds an automatic gratuity based on party size
“Our venues never want to be in the awkward position of promising something to a customer that they don’t have,” says Seth Harris, founder, Breadcrumb. “Among other important upgrades, Breadcrumb 1.4 displays what’s in stock in real time, so operators can provide a better customer experience.”
Businesses interested in learning more about Breadcrumb and signing up for the service can visit http://www.breadcrumbpos.com.