The annual American Cheese Society Contest Judging took place in Richmond, Virginia, recently, with 1742 entries from 257 companies. BelGioioso Cheesemakers were awarded a total of seven prestigious medals during the conference Awards Ceremony on August 2nd.
“The annual contest is a great touch point for our Cheesemakers to hear quality feedback from expert judges,” says Gaetano Auricchio, Executive Vice President, BelGioioso Cheese. “It’s also an industry celebration where Cheesemakers come together to learn from each other in a truly collaborative way. Like many of the smaller Cheesemakers who attend, we started making just one cheese, Sharp Provolone. Forty years later, we are fortunate to be producing over 27 different cheeses and celebrating with seven awards.”
“BelGioioso Stracciatella is one of our newest offerings and the 1st place Best of Class award recognizes its quality,” says Sean Moran, VP Sales & Marketing. “It’s the ‘Heart of Burrata’ the rich, sweet, milky filling you find inside our award-winning Burrata. It’s made to order and a great new addition to any menu.”
BelGioioso Cheesemakers were recognized with a total of seven awards:
- 1st Place Gold Medal – BelGioioso Stracciatella
- 2nd Place Silver Medal – BelGioioso Burrata with Black Truffle
- 2nd Place Silver Medal – BelGioioso Ricotta con Latte® Platinum
- 2nd Place Silver Medal – La Bottega di BelGioioso Cow & Sheep’s Milk Gorgonzola
- 3rd Place Bronze Medal – BelGioioso Burrata
- 3rd Place Bronze Medal – BelGioioso Ricotta con Latte Whole Milk
- 3rd Place Bronze Medal – BelGioioso Sharp Provolone Mandarini
BelGioioso Cheese is a family-owned and operated company specializing in artisan Italian cheesemaking. Using natural ingredients and fresh, local Wisconsin milk, Master Cheesemakers hand-craft a full line of exceptional cheeses guided by a commitment to quality and a respect for tradition.