Bahama Breeze Island Grille, the casual dining restaurant that gives guests the feeling of an island escape, announced that it is rolling out a new line of Rice Bowls. The new Rice Bowls feature fresh island flavors ranging from savory to sweet to spicy, are available on both the lunch and dinner menu, and can be ordered in advance as part of the restaurant’s “To-Go” menu.
“We developed our new Rice Bowls to be very approachable while also appealing to our guests' diverse dining preferences and tastes,” says Peter Olsacher, Bahama Breeze executive chef. “From Caribbean Creole to an Asian-island inspired sweet chili and ginger sauce, each bowl brings a distinct international island flavor to the table.”
Bahama Breeze guests can choose from one of six Rice Bowl creations:
- Shrimp Creole – Tender shrimp sautéed in a Caribbean Creole sauce, chorizo sausage, sweet peppers, olives, and tomatoes served over basmati rice.
- Carnitas – Slow roasted pork, sautéed with chorizo sausage, fresh corn, sweet plantains, and garbanzo beans in a cumin-citrus sauce served over yellow rice.
- West Indies Chicken Curry – Sautéed chicken, chickpeas, and tomatoes simmered in a traditional West Indies curry sauce with coconut milk. Served over basmati rice with warm Naan bread and roasted pineapple chutney.
- Chipotle Beef – Sautéed beef sirloin, fresh corn, and black beans in chipotle sauce served over basmati rice and cheese; topped with sour cream, fresh salsa, and ripe avocado.
- Vegetarian Asian Tofu – Sautéed tofu, Shiitake mushrooms, bok choy, bell peppers, and edamame in a sweet chili and ginger sauce; served over basmati rice and topped with peanuts.
- Asian Chicken & Vegetable – Sautéed chicken, Shiitake mushrooms, bok choy, bell peppers, and edamame in a sweet chili and ginger sauce; served over basmati rice and topped with peanuts.
The addition of the new Rice Bowls to the menu is just one way that Bahama Breeze is continuing to feed guests’ island spirits. The restaurant recently introduced a new Late Night Happy Hour offering half-price appetizers Sunday through Thursday, from 9 p.m. to close (availability, times, and specific offerings may vary by location).