What's next on store shelves? Snacks made with crickets, grass-fed everything, and protein where you least expect it, according to an expert panel of trendspotters who combed the exhibit halls at the 2016 Winter Fancy Food Show, owned and produced by the Specialty Food Association.
With enough chocolate, cheese and olive oil to fill four football fields, the show is the largest marketplace devoted exclusively to specialty food on the West Coast.
Southeast (Asia) meets West
- Little Red Dot Kitchen—Bak Kwa meat snacks.
- Saffron Road—Tandoori Seasoned Chicken Nuggets.
- Wei Kitchen—Shallot Oil.
- Hey Boo —Thai Iced Tea Coconut Caramels.
Grazing on Grass
- Organic Valley—Vanilla Grassmilk Yogurt.
- The New Primal—Grass-fed Beef Jerky.
- Dahlicious, Inc.—Organic Cucumber Mint Lemon Lassi with grass-fed milk.
- Steve's Ice Cream—Made with grass-fed milk.
- Bitty Foods—Chiridos—snacks with cricket flour.
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods—Cinnamon Hemp Heart Bites.
- Explore Cuisine—Organic Edamame Spaghetti.
- Chicago Bar Company—Chocolate Sea Salt RXBAR.
By the Cup
- Ricebliss—Acai & Chia Brown Rice Snack.
- Dr. McDougall's Right Foods—Sweet Potato Kale Quinoa Salad.
- Purely Elizabeth—Cranberry Pecan Ancient Grain Granola Plus Puffs.
- LonoLife Chicken Bone Broth in Recyclable K-Cup.
- Back to the Roots—Organic Stoneground Purple Corn Flakes.
- Love Beets—Smoky BBQ Shredded Beets.
- Lotus Foods—Purple Potato and Brown Rice Ramen.
- The Republic of Tea—Sonoma Cabernet Iced Tea.