- Owners/Operators: Two brands that are household names swapped owners. Darden sold Red Lobster for $2.1 billion last week, and TGI Fridays was scooped off the market for a reported $800 billion Wednesday.
- NRA Show: Highlights included innovation in beverage, a sustainable rooftop garden, and health as a menu driver.
- Chefs: The James Beard Foundation announced it will move its annual awards ceremony from New York City in Chicago in 2015. Airport restaurant operator HMSHost will sponsor the event.
- Finance: North American restaurants saw overall declines of 2.1 percent in diner counts during the first quarter, OpenTable's index found.
- Technology: Groupon announced Gnome, a tablet-based platform that will allow customers to instantly recognize Groupon customers, easily redeem Groupons, and act as a POS system and credit card payment processing device.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.