Pickle Haüs, a state-of-the-art entertainment venue and eatery, announced its grand opening will be November 17, 2023. The 41,000 square-foot eatertainment destination will redefine the pickleball experience for enthusiasts and newcomers alike, combining 12 indoor pickleball courts with an exceptional restaurant, bar, two golf simulators, private event space and an outdoor dining patio.
According to the Pickle Haüs leadership team, the new facility will combine top-notch pickleball courts, a robust food and beverage program with a goal of fostering community and creating exceptional experiences for guests. “At Pickle Haüs, we are intentionally creating a community where people can actively socialize and enjoy playing pickleball,” says Pickle Haüs co-founder Jeff VanDixhorn. “We’re also backed by a strong network of partners who will provide best-in-class resources, equipment and services to enhance the Pickle Haüs experience.”
To create the best experience for guests, Pickle Haüs has tapped top-of-the-line brands and vendors with an emphasis on local Chicagoland partners where possible. Companies supporting Pickle Haüs include:
- Joola USA, a leading sports equipment brand, will provide a wide range of high-quality paddles and accessories.
- Locally headquartered Wilson Sporting Goods will serve as the exclusive Pickle Haüs golf vendor, providing access to top-tier clubs, balls and accessories.
- Backlot Coffee, a Chicagoland roastery, has created a special Pickle Haüs blend that will be served at the on-site coffee shop and available to purchase for home consumption.
- Local baker West Town Bakery will provide their signature pastries and sweets, available during morning and midday play.
- Full Swing, the golf simulator preferred by Tiger Woods, will offer guests an immersive and realistic experience for players of all skill levels.
- Local software company Club Automation will provide the backend technology used to secure court reservations, book pickleball classes and lessons, and more.
- Toast’s cloud-based restaurant management software will be used to support restaurant operations
The development of Pickle Haüs is a testament to the explosive growth of pickleball across the nation. Pickleball is the fastest-growing sport in the United States, with 85 percent player growth 2022 and more than 36 million players nationally. According to Seymour Rifkind, founder of the International Pickleball Teaching Professional Association and 2023 inductee to the Pickleball Hall of Fame, “Pickle Haüs fills a much-needed space for local pickleball. The development of a high-end facility like Pickle Haüs, and the enthusiasm we’re hearing from local players, is a testament to the explosive growth of the sport,” Rifkind said. “High-level competitors from across Chicago plan to be regulars at Pickle Haüs indoor courts this winter. We’re looking forward to seeing how Pickle Haüs will continue to fuel local and regional interest in pickleball.”