Metro Diner is dishing up its most irresistible meal deal yet: the Summer of Waffles, an entire season devoted to the savory-sweet breakfast classic. For five weeks beginning today, guests can earn a dining discount and prizes by taking a Summer Waffle Staycation at their local Metro Diner, featuring specialty waffle selections that make tastebuds tingle.
It all leads to Metro Diner’s nationally recognized holiday, the phenomenal National Fried Chicken & Wafﬂe Day, celebrated on Tuesday, August 8.
At the season’s start, guests will get a SoW Passport that can be stamped each visit they order the week’s featured waffle or menu hack. Those who earn three stamps throughout the five weeks will get $5 Diner Dollars and a chance to win Chicken & Waffles for a year,
Waffle fans can schedule their SoW Staycation with these hot-off-the-iron treats:
- Week of July 10: Lemon Blueberry Waffle: A Belgian waffle infused with blueberries and lemon, drizzled with cream cheese icing and A plate of food on a table
- Week of July 17: Fruity Waffle: A blueberry Belgian waffle topped with strawberries, bananas and powdered sugar.
- Week of July 24: Cinnamon Roll Waffle: A Belgian waffle swirled with cinnamon and sugar, topped with cream cheese icing, candied pecans, and cinnamon butter.
- Week of July 31: Fried Chicken Tender & Waffle Taco Hack: Crispy fried chicken wrapped in a Belgian waffle, like a taco.
- Week of August 7: Fried Chicken & Waffle: Half a fried chicken and a Belgian waffle, topped with powdered sugar and sweet strawberry butter. Served with the diner’s signature sweet and spicy sauce.
On the August 8 holiday, Metro Diner is offering $5 off its signature Fried Chicken & Waffle dish (in-diner only). Even sweeter, guests receive $5 Diner Dollars when they come back and order Fried Chicken & Waffles the following Wednesday through Friday.
Metro Diner created National Fried Chicken & Waffle Day in 2018 to honor its signature dish, part of a hearty menu of classic American comfort food.