29. Restaurants that cater or that offer home-baked goods can find value in operating their kitchens virtually 24-7.
30. Pop-up restaurants enable chefs to test new concepts and new markets before committing to brick-and-mortar expansion.
31. Don’t miss the party: Host a kiosk or food truck at sporting events, art festivals, and large public gatherings.
32. Share the secrets of success: Chefs who teach cooking classes, sell their secret sauces, and even share their signature recipes build revenue streams and a loyal following.
33. Just because consumers cook less doesn’t mean they eat out. To-go services present a dramatic growth vehicle for full-service restaurants.
34. Cater to the growing penchant for non-conformist lifestyles by offering a range of all-day-dining options, from snack menus to a more formal afternoon tea or laid-back late-night nibbles.
35. Bring in guest chefs—from acclaimed restaurateurs to local celebrities—to generate buzz and give guests reasons to return.
Next: Beverage Trends to Toast
For many brands, staying ahead of the competition begins at the bar.