This take on a classic Italian dish will delight guests.
This recipe created by Josh Bushby, executive chef of Il Desco in Jacksonville, Florida, makes for an indulgent dinner entrée.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces shredded Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 6 ounces dry fettuccini
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 quarts water
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 5 ounces olive oil
- 12 fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail off
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare the alfredo sauce by placing one ounce of oil, minced garlic, and shallot in a small saucepot over medium heat. Sweat the garlic and shallot until they become translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and whisk in the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sauce into a blender and blend on medium speed until smooth; place the sauce back into the pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a large pot, bring the water, one ounce of oil, and one teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add the fettuccini and boil for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is al dente.
- Strain the pasta (do not rinse) and return to the pot. Add two ounces of oil. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat one ounce of oil. Place the shrimp in the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for approximately 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are completely pink with no grey remaining. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the fettuccini into the sauce, making sure to cover all of the pasta. Using tongs, grip half of the pasta and twirl onto the plate of your choice. Do the same for the second plate.
- Place the shrimp around the edges of the pasta. Garnish with tomatoes and green onions.