The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley recently introduced Ginger Sour, expanding its product line of purees and specialties to 41 premium flavors for culinary, pastry and beverage applications.
Ginger Sour is a delectable blend of ginger, key lime, and lemon juices, and delivers the perfect balance of warm ginger notes and vibrant citrus tartness. Chefs and beverage professionals can order through foodservice distribution beginning in January (packed 6/28 oz. jars per case). For samples and ordering, visit The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley.
“Ginger is a complex and beloved flavor to many chefs and bartenders,” says Michele Lex, president and chief marketing officer. “With the addition of citrus notes, our Ginger Sour lends itself well to a variety of creative options for our foodservice audience.”
Nationally recognized chefs and bartenders have created an array of recipes featuring Ginger Sour to spice up the New Year. Here is one recipe sure to impress.
Yield: about 48 ounces of soup
- 1/2 cup The Perfect Purée Ginger Sour blend, thawed
- 1-2 tbsp. neutral oil (canola, vegetable or corn oil)
- 1 lb. free range chicken thighs, boneless and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 14 oz. quality chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup straw mushrooms, drained
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sriracha or sambal oelek
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Remove any skin from the chicken thighs and season all the cubes with kosher salt and black pepper.
- In a medium saucepan with neutral oil over medium-high heat, add cubes of seasoned chicken thighs. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until opaque and then deglaze with coconut milk, chicken stock and ginger sour and stir together.
- Add straw mushrooms, fish sauce and sriracha or sambal oelek. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5-10 minutes more.
- Add basil and cilantro to the soup and stir or use them to garnish. Adjust seasoning as needed.