These indulgent potato pancakes feature hearty sausage gravy and cinnamon apples for a delightful breakfast combination.
Sour Cream and Chive Potato Pancakes (recipe below)
Fried Apples (recipe below)
5 cups Chef-mate Country Sausage Gravy
1 1/4 tsp fresh chives, chopped
Ingredients for Sour Cream and Chive Potato Pancakes
9 cups hash browns, thawed, squeezed dry, prepared
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
2 cups sour cream
4 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
Ingredients for Fried Apples
1 1/2 cups 1/4-inch sliced fresh apple
2 1/2 tbsp cinnamon sugar
3 1/2 tbsp butter
1. Alternate 4 potatoes pancakes with 1 ounce of prepared Country Sausage Gravy. Start first with the pancake and end with the gravy on top.
2. Finish plate with 2 ounces of fried apples on top. Garnish with chives.
Directions for Sour Cream and Chive Potato Pancakes
1. Fold the bread crumbs, beaten egg, sour cream, and chives with the hash browns.
2. Portion cakes into 2.5-ounce scoops. Flatten into pancake shape and freeze.
3. Deep fry frozen pancakes until crispy and golden brown (about 3 to 4 minutes).
Directions for Fried Apples
1. Toss the apples in the cinnamon sugar mix.
2. In a medium sauté pan, melt butter.
3. Add apples and cook for 10 minutes until apples are tender and heated through.