Dark and decadent flourless chocolate cake made with DOVE Chocolate Baking Chips, topped with a sweet and tart raspberry coulis.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups DOVE Chocolate Baking Chips
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Raspberry Coulis
- 3 cups raspberries, frozen
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9” cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and line bottom and sides with fitted parchment paper.
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, add eggs and beat for approximately 1 minute.
- Add in sugar, vanilla, salt and water. Whisk until mixture is light and has doubled in size.
- Slowly pour in melted DOVE Chocolate Baking Chips and mix on low for about 1 minute.
- Add in cocoa powder and blend until just combined. Do not over beat cake mixture.
- Pour cake batter into cake pan and cover lightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for approximately 90 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180°F internal temperature, removing foil after 60 minutes.
- Trim edges to square off cake. Cool completely.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add all ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer stirring until sauce has thickened.
- When cooled, place coulis in strainer to remove seeds. Refrigerate until needed.
- Slice cake and drizzle with raspberry coulis. Serve.