Outback Steakhouse is launching a new “Sweet Heat Season” menu bursting with a range of bold flavors — sweet, spicy, salty, rich — available for a limited time only between July 26 – October 31. From the Bloomin’ Onion to the Coconut Shrimp, Outback Steakhouse has always been a culinary trendsetter.
While everyone has been buzzing about the popularity of sweet and savory flavors, the food and beverage innovation team at Outback Steakhouse has been in the test kitchen cooking up its latest line-up of Outback originals.
“We’re excited to offer guests a diverse menu that complements the summer season,” says Becky Boyd, Director of Menu Innovation & Strategy at Bloomin’ Brands. “Given Outback’s signature, bold flavors, the ‘swicy’ trend is a natural fit for us and appeals to all our guests because of its balanced flavor profile.”
Whether a foodie with a taste for adventure or often lovingly described by friends and family as a “picky eater,” there is something on the Sweet Heat Season menu for everyone to enjoy:
• Sip on a Hot Honey ‘Rita, savoring its cinnamon sugar rim and refreshing notes of orange blossoms. Outback serves the craft cocktail with a stirring dipper so spice-seeking guests can add an extra kick of sweet heat.
• Sink your teeth into the Grilled Chicken & Hot Honey Fried Shrimp or the Sirloin & Hot Honey Fried Chicken and add a double drizzle of Outback’s house-made hot honey sauce or take extra to go. In true No Rules, Just Right fashion, guests can be the master of their own meal by adding more or less hot honey to each drink and dish on the Sweet Heat Season menu to personalize it to their palate.
• Lean into your love of seafood in the summer without compromising your allegiance to Outback’s expertly prepared steak by ordering the Filet & Snow Crab, otherwise known as the best of both worlds.
• Enjoy a long-awaited taste of the fan-favorite Wedge Salad, a sweet surprise back for a limited time by popular demand. A crisp wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with tomato, red onions, bacon, and homemade blue cheese dressing, then drizzled with balsamic glaze – Coming right up!
• Treat yourself to an Aussie delight guests can only experience at Outback Steakhouse. The Tim Tam Sundae combines Tim Tam cookie crumbles, honey caramel popcorn and vanilla ice cream with chocolate, caramel, and whipped cream toppings. Outback continues to invent fun, unexpected ways to enjoy the Australian bikkie (cookie) because guests can’t get enough of it.