Chicken isn’t the only bird taking center stage at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar in Miami. This week, the southern house of worship is expanding its menu to feature new flavors while keeping tradition with dishes that guests know and love, like the acclaimed “27-hour” recipe for Llewellyn’s Fine Fried Chicken and Mama’s Chicken Biscuits with pepper jelly.
“Tradition needs a kick in the butt sometimes! Clay is making sure the craveable comfort foods we’re known for are always available while offering something new for everyone to try,” says CEO John Kunkel.
New dishes include Smoked & Roasted Bone Marrow with country bread and onion jam; Beef Sirloin Tartare with fried cornbread and BBQ sorbet; and a take on Chicken “Under a Brick” called Manchester Quail “Under a Brick” with farro salad, arugula, and warm chicken vinaigrette.
Over the past three years, Yardbird Southern Table & Bar has become the go-to destination for satisfying, comforting fare, which showcases the vibrant ingredients of the south. As the newest member of the 50 Eggs family, chef Clay Miller translates his 18-years of culinary experience and love for the American South into a variety of new dishes that give classic southern staples an imaginative twist.
Additional menu items include:
- American Artisanal Ham Plate
- Virginia Oyster Stew:bacon, vermouth, caramelized onions
- Fried Everglade’s Frog Legs: sweet and sour jelly, bacon bits, escabeche mayo
- North Carolina Cornmeal Fried Catfish: creamed spinach, Key West pink pickled shrimp, pickled glaze
- Sunday Chicken: slow roasted whole chicken, herb butter, breadcrumbs, marble potatoes, roasted garlic, rosemary, thyme, chicken jus
- Salisbury Steak: roasted trumpet mushrooms, fried shallots, sherry mushroom gravy
- Charred Okra: lemon, brown, butter, cotija cheese
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes: brown sugar, brown butter, bay leaf crumble
- “Dirty Little Farro: green faro, chicken liver, pork sausage
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.