The American Cheese Society (ACS) announces that registration is now open for Celebrating the American Cheese Plate, the 31st Annual ACS Conference at the Sacramento Convention Center in Sacramento, California, from July 29 to Aug. 1, 2014. Discounted early bird registration rates will also be available through May 21, 2014.
The annual ACS Conference is the premier event for cheesemakers, retailers, distributors, importers, exporters, buyers, specialty food producers, and anyone who simply loves great cheese. Conference attendees enjoy unparalleled educational and networking opportunities with industry leaders from throughout North America and around the world.
Educational opportunities in Sacramento include:
- Opening Keynote featuring California’s culinary trailblazers Darrell Corti and Narsai David
- Educational and tasting sessions tailored to all industry segments and experience levels, such as:
- Microbiology of Cheese Rinds
- Effective Communication, Handling, and Traceability for Retailers
- Beyond the Cheese Plate: Cheese as an Ingredient
- Comb Sweet Comb: Exploring a “Taste of Place” in Cheese & Honey
- Scholars-in-Residence sessions offering one-on-one cheesemaking and business consultations
- In-depth sensory evaluation sessions of wine, honey, and olive oil at the Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine and Food Science at the University of California-Davis, offering access to staff members and a world-renowned facility that are rarely available to non-students
Networking opportunities and special events include:
- Opening celebration in Sacramento’s historic Memorial Auditorium hosted by Marquee Sponsor California Milk Advisory Board
- Poolside reception for new ACS members and first-time conference attendees
- Meet the Cheesemaker: sample and learn about cheeses directly from producers
- Awards Ceremony recognizing the top cheeses and cultured dairy products of 2014
- Festival of Cheese showcasing more than 1,700 cheeses with samples of wine, craft beer, and gourmet foods
- Tours departing from Sacramento and San Francisco featuring regional farmstead cheesemakers, specialty food retailers, wineries, and more.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.