If you’re looking for a classy addition to your fine dining appetizer or entrée menus, look no further than this succulent dish.
- 2 duck legs confit (deboned and shredded)
- 8 oz Boursin cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup chopped chives
- 12 wonton wrappers
- ½ cup cold water
- ¼ cup chopped tarragon
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ lb whole butter (room temperature)
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine shredded duck, Boursin cheese, 1 egg, and chives. Mix together evenly. Whisk other egg with ½ cup water.
- Lay out 12 wonton wrappers (keep moist with a damp towel). Put a tablespoon of the duck mixture in center of each wrap.
- Brush edges of each wrap with egg and water mixture. Fold corner to corner to make triangle, then press together firmly. Finish all and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Boil water and cook ravioli for about 3 minutes; drain.
- For tarragon sauce, cook and reduce white wine vinegar with half of tarragon and white wine to half. Place reduction in blender with remaining tarragon and pepper, and blend slightly. Add butter and emulsify. Toss ravioli with sauce and serve.
Yields 4 servings