This simple recipe by Wewalka will delight customers.
1 package Wewalka Danish Pastry Dough
1 medium-crisp apple
2 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Ingredients for Glaze
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp whole milk
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Peel apple and quarter, removing core from each quarter. Place each quarter on its side and slice in half lengthwise. Then turn and thinly slice, and then turn again, slicing, to create a small dice of apple. Transfer apple pieces to medium bowl with the melted butter.
3. Add brown sugar and between 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon depending upon personal preference. Mix together and add optional cider.
4. Unroll refrigerated Danish Pastry Dough and cut the dough sheet in 6 evenly shaped triangles by cutting through the middle top to bottom, then left to right, and then four times diagonally. Place 1 1/2 tbsp. apple mixture toward the large end of each croissant. To shape a croissant, start rolling the wide side of the dough triangle towards the pointed side, lightly pinching the edges as you move toward the small end. Repeat with all remaining croissants and then place on the baking sheet with the pointed end facing down.
5. Rub egg wash over each croissant. Place croissants in oven and bake for 14-16 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for glaze together (saving the butter and salt for last) and transfer mixture to a plastic baggie.
7. Remove croissants from the oven. Cut off one corner of the baggie and squeeze the icing onto the croissants in whatever design you desire. Serve while warm.