St. Patrick’s Day is just a week away, and this single day makes mouths water for unique, boozy beverages. This booze-infused coffee recipe from Red Diamond uses bourbon, but Irish whiskey can be substituted for an Irish coffee. The drink is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or an after dinner dessert drink. The possibilities are countless.
1 sphere ice cube
2 to 3 tbsps sweetened condensed milk
1 ounce bourbon – Buffalo trace bourbon preferred
Cold brewed Papua New Guinea coffee
1. Mix ground coffee with water.
2. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature eight hours or overnight in a plastic container.
4. Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth or coffee filter and set over a pitcher or another container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds.
5. Place coffee liquid in the fridge and allow to cool.
For Iced Coffee
1. To make iced coffee, put one cube in a rocks glass.
2. Fill glass two-thirds full with coffee liquid.
3. Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk with 1 oz. bourbon and stir to combine.
4. Taste and adjust sweetened condensed milk and bourbon as needed. Pour slowly over coffee.
5. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.