Little River Inn, the family-owned and operated golf and tennis resort on the Mendocino coast, invites guests to enjoy the bounty of Northern California’s mushroom season with two packages, the Mighty Mushroom Hunter and the Pampered Mushroom, available through the month of November, as well as partake in their 6th annual Mushroom & Beer Dinner on Friday, November 8, which features beer by the award-winning Russian River Brewing Company.
The Mighty Mushroom Hunter package offers a hands-on foraging experience in the woods of Mendocino, where an expert guide teaches guests how to identify edible mushrooms in the wild, as well as how to harvest them and clean them, followed by a dinner prepared by Little River Inn’s executive chef Marc Dym featuring his favorite wild Mendocino mushrooms. Additionally, guests who opt for the Mighty Mushroom Hunter package will be sent home with secrets about how to best prepare wild mushrooms, and a collection of tried and true Little River Inn recipes.
The Mighty Mushroom Hunter package includes the following:
- Two nights in an ocean view room
- Two spaces in a mushroom foraging excursion in the woods of Mendocino, led by an expert guide
- Dinner in the Little River Inn dining room, featuring wild Mendocino mushrooms, prepared by executive chef Marc Dym
- A foragers “survival kit” complete with two exclusive Little River Inn pocket knives
- A collection of Little River Inn recipes and expert tips on how to prepare wild mushrooms
The Pampered Mushroom package invites guests to experience the relaxing and rejuvenating effects of mushrooms and other seasonal ingredients at Little River Inn’s own spa, where they can choose between the “Mushroom Medley Facial,” known for restoring luminosity to the skin, or the invigorating “Cabernet Grape Seed Body Scrub” which stimulates the skin with Resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant that naturally occurs in wine grapes.
The Pampered Mushroom package includes the following:
- One night in an ocean view room
- Breakfast in bed from the Little River Inn restaurant
- A seasonally-inspired treatment at the Little River inn spa, with the choice of either a “Mushroom Medley Facial” or a “Cabernet Grape Seed Body Scrub,”
As part of the property’s month-long fungus-centric festivities, Little River Inn is hosting the 6th Annual Mushroom & Beer Dinner in partnership with the Russian River Brewing Company’s brewmaster Vinnie Cilurzo, on Friday, November 8. During this seven-course feast, Dym and Cilurzo will take guests on a culinary adventure highlighting the best of Mendocino’s fall mushroom bounty, with each course carefully paired with the ideal barrel-aged, craft beer from Cilurzo’s much-celebrated Northern Californian brewery.