Kosherfest 2013 will take place October 29–30 at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, New Jersey, and will feature special events and programs to mark its 25th anniversary as the largest annual meeting place and product resource for the kosher trade industry.
Kosherfest is the world’s largest kosher-certified products trade show and annual meeting place for the industry's top kosher supermarket, restaurant and foodservice buyers. Menachem Lubinsky, co-producer and show founder says, “In the last 25 years we have seen the number of kosher-certified items grow from a few thousand to almost 200,000. Major food companies have changed their ingredients and equipment in order to get kosher certification, and consumers, both Jewish and non-Jewish, seek the kosher symbol on the food products they buy more than ever before. Today, Kosherfest hosts exhibitors from countries around the world, from Israel and Argentina to New Zealand and Africa.
“The growth of kosher wines and spirits has skyrocketed. There is a multitude of award-winning kosher wine from companies large and small, produced at vineyards around the world. These have come a long way from the traditional notion of kosher. Kosher has truly become a worldwide phenomenon.”
Products at Kosherfest encompass kosher certified foods and beverages for retail sale and ingredients and prepared foods for foodservice, including wine and spirits. “No doubt, this is a show not to be missed by anyone looking to grow their kosher business,” says Yakov M. Yarmove, Ethnic Marketing and Specialty Foods, NAI/JEWEL-OSCO, who sources kosher product for one of the largest retail chains in the United States.
Kosherfest gives manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers of kosher certified products and services the opportunity to reach thousands of mainstream and independent kosher trade buyers from across the globe. Kosherfest exhibitors receive exposure to high volume buyers via the Key Buyer Program, access to education sessions covering the industry’s most relevant topics, media exposure, sponsorship and advertising opportunities, exhibitor-only entries to the Kosherfest New Product Competition, a New Product Showcase (at-show) and promotion of at-show-only exhibitor specials.
Attendees to Kosherfest represent a broad spectrum of the industry, from chain and independent restaurants, caterers and specialty markets, to grocery/supermarket, big box and club chains, independent retailers, manufacturing ingredient buyers, distributors, and buying agents, among many other industry professionals.
Kosherfest 2013 Highlights:
- 25th anniversary celebration – including a Keynote session highlighting the growth of the kosher industry in the last 25 years, and special 25th celebration product displays by exhibitors; additional events to be announced.
- 325+ exhibitors from around the world exhibiting thousands of kosher-certified products and services for the kosher market
- More than 6,000 industry professionals are expected to attend
- The Kosherfest New Product Competition will be held prior to the show on OCT 17 (entries due on or before Octoberober 14, 2013), with winning products announced prior to the show, and awards presented and winning entries displayed at the show.
- The annual Kosherfest Culinary Competition featuring top regional chefs battling in an iron-chef style competition sponsored by the Center for Kosher Culinary Arts (Brooklyn, NY)
- Education sessions focused on the kosher industry’s top issues (session schedule to be announced).