Women Chefs & Restaurateurs (WCR) is calling for nominations for the 2009 Women Who Inspire Awards. The deadline for nominations is May 27, 2009.
The annual WCR Women Who Inspire Awards program—celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2009—inspires present and future generations of women chefs and restaurateurs. WCR recognizes achievement within the industry and pays tribute to those women who have demonstrated excellence in the kitchen, dining room, beverage profession, baking and pastry arts, community affairs, farming and food production, and for a lifetime of culinary excellence.
This year’s awards will be presented at a gala dinner on Sunday, Nov. 1, during WCR’s 2009 National Conference at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C.
WCR seeks nominations for the 2009 Women Who Inspire Awards in the following categories:
• WCR Barbara Tropp President’s Award. Recognizing a lifetime of culinary excellence and honoring a woman who has made exceptional and lasting contributions to the foodservice industry.
• WCR Community Service Award. Honoring a woman whose outstanding contributions in community or civic affairs have made a strong impact on the lives of others.
• WCR Golden Bowl Award. Honoring a woman whose skill in the baking and pastry arts inspires others.
• WCR Golden Fork Award. Honoring a woman whose front-of-house service and/or management skill demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
• WCR Golden Goblet Service Award. Honoring a woman whose making and/or serving of wine, spirits, coffee or tea enhances the dining experience.
• WCR Golden Plow Award. Honoring a woman whose skill in farming and/or making artisanal products results in food that graces our plates while respecting the environment.
• WCR Golden Whisk Award. Honoring a woman whose passion and excellence as a chef or cook serves as a role model for others.
Nominations for the 2009 WCR Women Who Inspire Awards may be made by members and non-members of WCR. Nominees need not be members of WCR to be applicable. For more information or to submit a nomination, visit www.womenchefs.org.