October marks American Cheese Month, the first ever, national celebration of American artisan cheese and the farmers, cheese makers, chefs, and retailers who help bring them to the table.
American Cheese Month was created by the American Cheese Society to help raise awareness of the quality and diversity of American cheeses. The celebration will be held annually each October, with special events and promotions planned in cities across the country.
As the nation’s leading producer of cheese and home to the most award-winning cheeses, Wisconsin has plenty of reasons to celebrate American Cheese Month. Throughout the month, cheese makers, cheese shops, chefs, and other industry experts will join forces to celebrate the amazing variety of American cheese crafted in Wisconsin. Here is a sample of October’s featured events:
- Meet the CheesemakerEvents are being held at the Savory Spoon Cooking School in Ellison Bay, Wisconsin, Oct. 4–18. Attendees will have the opportunity to sip wine and sample Wisconsin artisan cheese.
- Wisconsin Cheese Originals is hosting a Green County Cheese Maker Dinner at The Dining Room at 209 Main in Monticello, Wisconsin, on Oct. 13. The menu will highlight cheese from three Green County Wisconsin cheese makers.
- Wisconsin Cheese Mart, located in downtown Milwaukee, is planning a Pinot Noir and Wisconsin Cheese Tasting on Oct. 15, along with other opportunities to sample Wisconsin Cheese throughout the month. Visit wisconsincheesemart.com for more information.
- Graze restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin, is featuring Carr Valley Cheese during a special Cider & Wisconsin Cheese Dinner on Oct. 16.
- Fromagination specialty cheese shop in Madison is offering a Wisconsin Cheese and Wisconsin Micro Brews tasting Oct. 20. The store is planning additional special events throughout the month; visit fromagination.com for more information.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.