Top foodservice industry professionals and their fans gathered on June 7 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center for the 33rd Annual RAMMY Awards as Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) announced and celebrated winners in 21 award categories.
The selection process for the winners involved two esteemed groups: the voting public and an anonymous panel of volunteer judges; consisting of food and dining journalists, educators, and foodservice industry professionals. The voting public decided the winners in four categories: Favorite Gathering Place, Upscale Casual Brunch, Everyday Casual Brunch and Favorite Fast Bites.
RAMW honored two additional members with the Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year, given to EagleBank for exemplifying commitment to and support of RAMW, and the Duke Zeibert Capital Achievement Award, presented to Western Development Corporation Chairman & CEO Herbert Miller for his dedication and leadership that has helped transform metropolitan Washington’s restaurant industry into the driving economic force it is today. These awards were determined by RAMW’s Executive Committee.
The winners of the 33rd Annual RAMMY Awards are:
- Joan Hisaoka Allied Member of the Year: EagleBank
- Duke Zeibert Capital Achievement Award: Herbert Miller, Western Development Corporation, chairman and CEO
- Restaurant Employee of the Year: Evan Labb, Evening Star Cafe
- Restaurant Manager of the Year: Joseph Cerione, Blue Duck Tavern
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year: George Pagonis, Kapnos
- Service Program of the Year: Marcel’s by Robert Wiedmaier
- Regional Food and Beverage Producer of the Year: Catoctin Creek Distilling Company
- Favorite Gathering Place: Bar Pilar
- Upscale Casual Brunch: Le Diplomate
- Everyday Casual Brunch: The Daily Dish
- Favorite Fast Bites: Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza
- Upscale Casual Restaurant: Mintwood Place
- Everyday Casual Restaurant: DGS Delicatessen
- Beer Program of the Year: Pizzeria Paradiso, Georgetown
- Cocktail Program of the Year: Bourbon Steak
- Wine Program of the Year: Iron Gate
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Agnes Chin, The Grill Room
- Formal Fine Dining Restaurant: The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm
- New Restaurant of the Year: Fiola Mare
- Restaurateur of the Year: José Andrés and Rob Wilder, ThinkFoodGroup
- Chef of the Year: Victor Albisu, Del Campo and Taco Bamba
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.