This Lenten season, Walk-On’s Bistreaux & Bar has prepared a very special, and extensive, menu specifically for guests observing the tradition. Beginning on Ash Wednesday, February 10, the following limited-time items will be featured:
- Grouper and Grits: Blackened grouper served with sweet corn grits and spicy Cajun cream sauce, topped with thinly sliced fried onion strings.
- Veggie Burger: Black bean chipotle burger served with garlic aioli sauce, tomatoes and red onions, topped with Spring mix and gently tossed in Tabasco pepper jelly.
- Fried Grouper Sandwich: Tempura-battered grouper topped with lettuce, tomato and red onions, dressed with remoulade and tartar sauce, and served on a brioche bun.
- Mahi Fries: Thinly sliced mahi fingers battered, served with mango dipping sauce and garnished with blackening spice and chopped parsley.
- Boom Boom Tacos: Two tortillas filled with red cabbage, Monterey jack cheese, diced tomatoes and spicy shrimp tossed in boom boom sauce, served with a side of sweet potato fries.
- Spinach and Shrimp Flatbread: Crispy flatbread topped with spinach and artichoke dip, spicy blackened shrimp, Monterey jack cheese, diced tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
- Spicy Shrimp Salad: Spring salad mix tossed with remoulade sauce, served with grated chopped eggs, green onions, sliced tomatoes and topped with seasoned shrimp drizzled with boom boom sauce.
- Crawfish Boil Soup: Cream-based spicy soup with crawfish and red pepper, garnished with chopped parsley and served with garlic bread.
- Sweet Fry å la Mode: Sweet potato fries caramelized with donut glaze, topped with ice cream, caramel and sweet pecans.
Lent doesn’t last forever, and neither will these limited-time specials. They’ll be on the menu through March 26 at participating locations only.
Walk-On’s currently has seven locations—two in Baton Rouge and one each in New Orleans, Lafayette, Houma, Shreveport, and Lake Charles. Other locations are under construction in Juban Crossing, Zachary, Covington, Alexandria and Lubbock, Texas. Several additional markets across the Southern U.S. are likewise on the drawing board.