Victory Meat & Seafood, a neighborhood steak and seafood restaurant, has opened its doors at 116 North York Street in downtown West Suburban Elmhurst. Co-owned and operated by Culinary Director Chef Joe Farina, Chicago’s preeminent practitioner of classic Chicago-Italian cuisine, the restaurant serves a selection of prime meats and seasonal fish in a Nantucket-casual-meets-city-chic neighborhood eatery. The lively space is fronted by an oyster bar and cocktail lounge serving Chef-created seasonal drinks and old school classics, sommelier-selected wines from California, Italy, France and Spain, as well as a selection of craft beers.
Chef Farina owns the restaurant with two other industry veterans: his wife Yvonne and his childhood friend from west suburban Melrose Park, Tony Gambino. Chef and his wife are both certified sommeliers, and Yvonne has managed front-of-the-house operations for some of the city’s most iconic restaurants. Mr. Gambino is behind many of the area’s beloved Armand’s Pizzeria restaurants, Elmhurst’s Doc’s Victory Pub and HB Jones, and many other Chicago-area dining establishments.
“Elmhurst is an historic and beautiful city with a thriving culinary scene,” says Chef Farina. “Our place offers area residents an everyday place to wind down, grab a drink
and nosh on everything from fresh oysters, salads and apps to prime steaks, super-fresh seafood and sandwiches—including a killer burger.”
Featuring the highest quality meats, the freshest seafood and peak-of-season ingredients, the restaurant’s menu includes:
- Hors D’oeuvres ranging from over five daily selections of Fresh Seasonal Oysters and Mussels to Baked Clams and Lobster de Jonghe;
- A Variety of Fresh Salads including a Double Wedge, Imported Burrata, Lobster Cobb and Victory’s take on a Caesar;
- Sandwiches – from Lobster Rolls (Dijon Mayo, Chives, Buttered New England Roll) to their Cheeseburger Royale (Burgundy Onions, Butterkäse Cheese, Oven Roasted Tomatoes) and Eisenberg Chicago Style Beef Hot Dogs (Bacon, American Cheese, Brioche Bun);
- A Selection of Prime Steaks and Chops including a Bone-in Filets and Ribeyes, and Porterhouse Cuts of Prime Steaks and Veal;
- Fresh Fish and Shellfish that is rotated frequently and can include Sushi-grade Tuna, Swordfish and Sea Bass;
- Specialty Items including their signature Lobster Mac & Cheese (Butter Poached Lobster, Cheddar Cheese Bechamel, Bread Crumbs) and a once-a-week Roasted Prime Rib of Beef served on Saturday nights;
- Desserts – Victory’s sweet dolce course includes Double Chocolate Layer Cake, Burnt Caramel Gelato and a daily Chef’s Selection of Desserts for the Table, and for those who prefer to drink their final course, there’s an XO Nightcap (Hennessy, Frangelico, and Cappuccino, Biscotti);
- Select Libations include a Champagne Cocktail (Moet Champagne, Hennessey, Peychaud Bitters, Lemon Twist) and a Blood Orange Margarita (Volcan De Mi Tierra Blanco Tequila, Blood Orange Puree, Lime Juice).
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by FSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.